PDA

View Full Version : IK Spine problem

Lomax
01-04-2004, 04:13 PM
I'm currently working on a basic autorigging script for my characters, and so far the only problem is the spine.

I'm trying to follow J. Schleifer's method (minus the stretchiness).
The problem is that when everything's hooked up, if I rotate the hip control to either side, the spine twists so that the soulder joint is pointing in the opposite direction, instead of staying aligned to the shoulder control.

I've tried everything I can think of to fix it, but get the same result

this is the current attempt:
http://home.cfl.rr.com/jklind/Template_control_spinetest.mb

can anyone else see what I can't? :shrug:

AWAKE
01-10-2004, 06:12 AM
Lomax,

I just checked out your spine. I didnt really look too deep, but off the bat, I would unparent the IK handles from the controls and put them in another group outside of the heirarchy. As for the rest of it, I'd have to look further, and I don't have the time now.

word

Jackdeth
01-10-2004, 06:40 AM
Awake, aren't you just a Lightwave guy? I didn't know you used maya....hmmmm...wierd..:eek:

Lomax
01-10-2004, 01:46 PM
Actually I found the problem earlier this week:
I was so focused on the spine, I forgot to constrain the root joint to the hip control.
I'm still not sure why the constraint fixed the twisting, but as long as it works... :shrug:

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.