PDA

View Full Version : Graveyard - my first completed project

timmo
01-04-2004, 04:44 PM
well it didnt start out exactly like this...i changed a few things after the advice of the guys at elysiun but anyway i hope you like it i dont really think ill do anymore work on it but any advice would be awesome...as i said this is my first actual project of my own in blender

http://home.iprimus.com.au/snapper63/finalrev.jpg

Apollux
01-05-2004, 10:44 PM
I like it, specially the modeling and texturing... but the lighting is not that good. The stone and the background are on the same colour, perhaps that was intentional, but if it was so, then you need to use some backlighting to separate the main subject from the suround... I mean real back-light, not the yellow glow that you already have (and that looks good, btw).

Why the yellow glow only comes out to one side?

The grass is specially well done, but what about some gree hues to it?

timmo
01-06-2004, 12:01 PM
thanks for the advice...btw the grass isn't sposed to be green its sposed to be that light brown green colour of grass that grows where its dry and old

dani
01-09-2004, 04:28 PM
Oh!

nice picture! I like it!

I like the way the light come out from behind, that asymetry is appreciated!

however, I think your pic could use some more colors, just color lamps, really soft cold blue or something like that...

And the top edge of the grave stone could be bevelled, they look too sharp!

Well, that's all!

Keep it up!

Dani

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.