PDA

View Full Version : how to correct footage frame rate / pixel ratio / no fields?

markw7
01-03-2004, 11:24 PM
How do I go about preparing a quicktime for output to ntsc vhs using a rendered sequence from Maya with the following settings?

30 FPS
No fields
800 x 600 (square pixels)

I know it's screwed up. The fps should have been 59.94 or the fields should have been on, as discussed here ...

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22999

... but I'm trying to avoid a 48 hour rerender. I probably also should have set the pixel aspect ratio to .9, right? The width and height was chosen so that I could go to either NTSC or PAL with the same sequence but now I'm confused on how to scale the footage in AE. Do I stretch it to account for rectangular pixels?

How do I interpret the footage, set up the composition, prep the render queue? ANY help is appreciated.

gmask
01-03-2004, 11:40 PM
Create a comp of 720x486 and scale you footage to fit the size of the comp. This wil squeze the ppixels intoa rectangular aspect ratio which is what you want. As for feilds you may not need them.. it depends on what kind of motion exists in the animation.

markw7
01-04-2004, 04:57 AM
Thanks gmask, I'll give it a try.

By the way, I assume you're the same gmask from highend? If so, I recently learned a number of great tips on lights from some of your old posts there. Cheers.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.