PDA

View Full Version : Problems with displays sometimes

FloydBishop
01-03-2004, 11:02 PM
Hello all,

I guess this is where I would post such a problem. If not, feel free to move this to the appropriate area...

I'm having a problem with some 3D intensive apps, such as "Call of Duty". When I get to the part where I should be seeing the game menu, all I have is a black screen. I can hear the audio, but no video is seen. When I do a force quit, the machine returns to normal. Any ideas?

Here are my machine specs:

Quadro 2 Pro card
Windows 2000 Pro
Service Pack 4

AMD Athlon XP 2600+
1,048,048 KB RAM

3Dfx_Sage
01-04-2004, 01:01 AM
try using older nVidia drivers (like 45.23's or previous). I'm not aware of that specific problem, but with all of the performance increasing "bugs" that have been showing up in their drivers recently I wouldn't be too surprised if it was an unexpected result of a "bug" although, of course, it could be a legitimate one- but we all know that nVidia drivers are flawless, don't we? ;)

FloydBishop
01-04-2004, 06:00 AM
It's a "Call of Duty" thing. Start up the program in "safe" mode, and then set it up the way you want it.

It works fine now... and the game ROCKS by the way.:buttrock:

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.