PDA

View Full Version : Jumping Cursor in Modeler

Awesome Possum
01-03-2004, 09:32 PM
Hi all,
I have been experiencing a rather annoying problem with modeler lately. When using tools such as the move tool, drag or size etc., as soon as i try to start pulling the points in a direction, modeler takes the point and puts it in some location of its choice...i guess. It does this when i use the zoom button on any window as well, it seems to have some set thing to soom to. I have tried many different objects and racked my brain for a solution. I know it is not my mouse becuase it is not even 2 months old and is a logitech optical, and i do not have any other problems with any other applications. I did a search on this forum for somebody with a similar problem but could only find mouse problems.
I appreciate any help/advice you pros can give.

Tim Deneau
01-03-2004, 09:40 PM
Sounds like grid snapping is turned on? (in display options under the units tab)

Awesome Possum
01-03-2004, 09:41 PM
I also checked that and it is off. I have no idea what is wrong.

Chewey
01-03-2004, 09:42 PM
Plugin a convertional mouse instead of your recently added optical mouse and see if those recent problems go away.

Awesome Possum
01-03-2004, 09:45 PM
Great idea chewey, one i had not thought of, but unfortunatly it made not difference. It is still giving me heck. Thx guys.

Awesome Possum
01-03-2004, 09:47 PM
I just found something really weird. I switched my input type in the display options to tablet instead of mouse and it stopped. Weird.

LittleFenris
01-03-2004, 09:49 PM
did you check the general options to make sure mouse is set as the input device and not tablet? maybe for some reason that got checked. just a thought.

Awesome Possum
01-03-2004, 09:51 PM
When i put the input type on mouse it does the funk. But when i put it on tablet it works fine. Maybe i should get out my tablet and see if that works on the mouse setting instead of the tablet setting.:D

Just tried my tablet, and it doesnt work right on either setting. Guess i should just be happy i can go back to modeling.

Tim Deneau
01-03-2004, 09:54 PM
Ah, yep that would have been my second guess. I get that same problem with the newer versions of OS X.

Awesome Possum
01-03-2004, 09:56 PM
Yeah, i am on OS X 10.3, should have mentioned that, my bad. Thx for helpin me think through this. Go wavers:wavey:

LittleFenris
01-03-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Awesome Possum
Thx for helpin me think through this. Go wavers:wavey:

:buttrock:

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.