PDA

View Full Version : How to make realitics "MIRROR"

HapZungLam
06-20-2002, 09:52 PM
I am a XSI user. Trying to make a Mirror shaders. I thought it would be very ez, just crank up the relections. But it never look right. Anyone has good suggestions?

Viper
06-20-2002, 11:27 PM
Crank up the reflection, but remember to put the color to Black...

leigh
06-21-2002, 08:51 AM
Hmmm... yeah cranking up the reflections is one thing, obviously, but in what way does it not look right?
And, as Viper mentioned there, you must remember to set the colour to black - very important!
If it still doesn't look right, then post a render here....
Another thing to consider, is that if you want to check how well it's working, it obviously has to be in some kind of environment, with something to reflect ;)

HapZungLam
06-21-2002, 09:08 PM
Alright. i'll give it a try. Maybe i should leave it until the end to texture. I should texture the other things first, otherwise as you said. it won't have things for it to reflect.

LucentDreams
06-22-2002, 11:38 PM
gor a more realistic look you want to add a sligh tint of green, something like RGB 000/002/000

something like that just because the glass used in almost all mirrors is green. make sure it is very slight though.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.