PDA

View Full Version : Moving Symbol Axis

LucentDreams
01-03-2004, 06:09 PM
Man been a while since I gopt to do character animation and breakdowns, using MX now too, Seems I forgot a step in my character breakdown, Many of the symbols (like the arms for instance) the axis os the symbols aren't at the joints, I seem to remember a simple shortcut to allow you tomove the axisitself, but maybe I"m crazy, otherwise I will have to go into each symbol move the elements so that the joint lines up with the center, thenmove the symbls to make up for that adjustment.

berniebernie
01-04-2004, 03:25 PM
i cant think of a shortcut right now but to change the hotspot simply go into one of your MC (ie the arm) anc move the graphics that are inside the MC - usually you have tiny crosses on the canvas showing you where the MC hotspot is....

LucentDreams
01-04-2004, 06:18 PM
yeah ,thats what I've been doing thing is when you move them in the symbol, then you have to move the symbol iteself back to whee it should be. teach me for forgetting that step at the start.

18th_Devil
01-04-2004, 08:06 PM
okay i'm a bit confused....r u having problems moving the the pivoit of the symbol?
or have u done that and its an entirely different thing.

LucentDreams
01-04-2004, 08:42 PM
thats exactly it just changing the position of the pivot, I"m positive there was a simple mdifier or something I held and then just clicked on it and moved it

18th_Devil
01-04-2004, 10:35 PM
in MX its different than 5 which we learned off of.

select the symbol then chosse the free transform tool, "Q" button, and it will have a box around the symbol and a white dot where ever the pivot is, all u have to do is move the white dot.

LucentDreams
01-04-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by 18th_Devil
in MX its different than 5 which we learned off of.

select the symbol then chosse the free transform tool, "Q" button, and it will have a box around the symbol and a white dot where ever the pivot is, all u have to do is move the white dot.

Aha thanks, Hey any of our old classmates looking for a job in flash, Companies based in Edmonton but We could arrange some sort of long distance freelance contract. Working on an episode for Pitch est so money won't be much if any right now but I could find some other arrangements I"m sure. Its a simple style and we could use either a background artist of another animator.

18th_Devil
01-08-2004, 12:58 AM
you should pitch ur idea first and see how far it takes u.
but i'm trying to get into bardel, mrod from class 40 sent me a Studio B flash test so i'm just trying that right now and see if i can get in.
don't really know if anyone from our class is doing flash, maybe u should call up Ed, he's got a job being the flash TA at vfs.

LucentDreams
01-08-2004, 01:00 AM
hmm thought he was working at mercury. Seems I need to take some time and contact every one again eh

18th_Devil
01-08-2004, 01:07 AM
the last time i saw him was when i was doing the digital ink and paint test at mercury, he's probally still there.
he was doing digital ink and paint for looney toons back in action.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.