PDA

View Full Version : Wacom tabs which one???

Ratz_evangelion
06-20-2002, 08:09 PM
Um i'm gona buy a wacom tablet but what should i consider? whats gona ,make a difference?.:shrug:
Sorry if this sounds like a dumb ass post.
Can anyone help? :hmm:

frog
06-21-2002, 09:32 AM
It's quite straightforward really:

What's your budget? What size do you want? Once you know those two factors buy the appropriate model. Make sure you buy a Wacom and not some other brand, Wacom have the best drivers of any tablets.

To decide on size you need to ask yourself how big you like to draw, some people need a large tablet - especially if you have been trained to draw from the elbow rather than the wrist. The bigger tablets offer more precision and space, however they do take up a lot of desk space and if you tend to draw on the small side they can actually be harder to control. If you can't afford a large tablet it's not the end of the world as you can get round the size restrictions by zooming in on your work.

Budget wise, if you can afford an Intuos then great, buy one. If not then the Graphire is an excellent choice: it's cheap and as long as you don't mind the size then it's feel when drawing is exactly the same as the Intuos, but it lacks tilt support and doesn't have the nice function buttons that the Intuos has.

That's it :)

Ratz_evangelion
06-21-2002, 05:20 PM
thx a lot, things are a lot clearer!
:bounce: i'll probably go for an intuitous then.

thx a lot !:beer:

Neil
06-21-2002, 07:14 PM
I've tried one, and i still went back to the mouse. I wasn't all that impressed.

element412
06-25-2002, 12:19 AM
drawing with a mouse?
yeeerrk.

element

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.