PDA

View Full Version : RETURNER - coming to DVD February 10

lone
01-03-2004, 03:25 AM
found this out surfing AMAZON - they do not indicate what language it will be in, but i'd watch it in KLINGON if i had to.

Jackdeth
01-03-2004, 06:06 AM
Its okay. I've had it for a really long time now. Not amazing, but not a piece of crap either...

so so

Pibonne Zuntata
01-04-2004, 06:41 AM
what is Returner?
Are you talking about this movie?
>>> http://www.returner.net/
The actor from Onimusha 1 and 3 is the Star of this film.

hypercube
01-04-2004, 02:18 PM
Some further/older discussions of it here..

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91675

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17558

What aggravated me is that the import DVD had almost come up in my netflix queue, then they announced the US release, and yoinked it away until the US DVD comes out..despite everyone hating it, I still want to see it, just not badly enough to buy it :p

Pibonne Zuntata
01-05-2004, 10:01 AM
hehehe, i just watched it from rental video.

it is better than The Matrix 1 2 and 3.

G Nilsson
01-05-2004, 11:41 AM
no, its not.

Lunatique
01-05-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Pibonne Zuntata
hehehe, i just watched it from rental video.

it is better than The Matrix 1 2 and 3.

You must've had some really good crack cocain to go with that movie, because you sure didn't watch the same movie I did. My wife and I turned it off after about 15 minutes.

Pibonne Zuntata
01-06-2004, 03:08 AM
please dont judge a movie in 15 minutes:rolleyes:
lol
Maybe Matrix 1 was good but the last two were ...

Lunatique
01-06-2004, 05:32 AM
We fast forwarded to different sections of the rest of the film, just to see if it's just as contrived, poorly written, poorly acted, and poorly executed. And yes it was. I'm not some kind of Matrix fan-boy--in fact none of the films with intensive CG use that people rave about are what I consider good films, but at least the Matrix films were on a much higher level, in writting, directing, execution..etc. The Returner is not even in the same league--and I'm not talking about budget or production values.

CG does not a good film make, neither does action scenes.

Jackdeth
01-06-2004, 06:13 AM
The other problem with it was the blatent rip off scenes from several other movies. Not very orignal....

Pibonne Zuntata
01-06-2004, 11:26 AM
in the making they say the ripp offs are intentional and that they want people to notice things like from MI2, known as parodius.

P_T
01-06-2004, 04:00 PM
c'mon guys... People have their own personal reason to like or dislike a certain movie so there isn't much point in saying "there must be something wrong with u if u like/don't like this movie".

personally, i quite like this movie. like Jackdeth said, it ain't all that but it ain't crap either. some part i like, eg. the motorcycle chase scene and some part i don't like, eg. the scene on the oilrig when the girl almost give up hope (a bit overdone and too long i think).

I also like how they develop the relationship between the guy and the girl and the CG wasn't overdone. Overall, it's quite an enjoyable movie... :)

mrZack
01-07-2004, 08:20 PM
I managed to watch the entire movie pirated on vcd

i counted the rippoff themes:
terminator, matrix (both wardrobe and bullettime), John Woo style motorcycle scene, MIB, Parasite Eve, Back to the Future, ET,
Metal Gear, and lastly, that stupid Nickalodean movie Clock Stoppers.
the actor is Takeshi Kanishiro (Jin) half taiwanes half japanese. pretty boy, model turned singer turned actor.
but the sfx machines and robots are good

Geta-Ve
01-08-2004, 08:21 AM
sounds like it could be interesting, im always up for a good brainless action movie..... :p

and plus i liked all the movies/games it ripped off... heh so more power to it :thumbsup:

et though eh? dunno how the heck it could rip off et.... lol

EDIT: why the heck does the "R" logo look so familiar???!!?

P_T
01-08-2004, 12:16 PM
et though eh? dunno how the heck it could rip off et.... lol

don't u think the alien looks just a tad like ET? :)

aurora
01-08-2004, 10:55 PM
I saw the preview for it on the Underworld tape. It seems like something nice to watch when you need something mindless to watch and I have many of those nights. I can see were it might win a Raspberry award instead of an Oscar but then I like Underworld so I might just like this one too.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.