PDA

View Full Version : final render tutorial

Dinodiegus
06-20-2002, 04:47 PM
Hi,

I want to thank Chris for the final render links, now that i did the first tutorial i seem to ahve a little problem.

i am doing the tutorial on this link :http://www.brainaideddesign.co.uk/T...al_renderGi.htm

For some reason i can't see the finalRender in my quad menu when i right click in viewport with 3dsmax 4.2.

Can anyone help ?

Here is a picture of the tutorial and what the guy says to do.:eek:

UncleBen's
06-20-2002, 04:55 PM
You have to customize your quad menu, and add it by hand.
Sorry, I am not on my max pc, so I can't tell you the exact steps, but perhaps that little hint helps you already a little. :)

Chris
06-20-2002, 09:23 PM
If you havent found it, go to customize UI. open the 'quad' tab, & on the second drop down box (I think) look for 'finalrender'. then just drag the 'finalrender globals' from where it appears under that drop down box onto your quad menu diagram (I put mine right below properties on the bottom right one). Then save it! :)

Dinodiegus
06-21-2002, 01:35 AM
thanks, for the tip.

so do you prefer Brazil, final render or V ray ?

i find Vray does some pretty nice rendering.

Chris
06-21-2002, 02:21 AM
it looks like a pretty fast raytracer!! :eek: I personally prefer finalRender - its a bit buggy, but you get that with any 3D software these days - I personally like the amount of features you get, combined with their priority on speed (the fact you can 'fudge' a lot of raytraced effects like blurry reflections & SSS with the 'Ultrablur' thingie - I'm quite happy to a bit of post work if it saves me time in the long run) & the other big plus is the unlimited renderNodes, something neither Vray or Brazil offer (I think?).

JuRrAsStOiL
06-21-2002, 11:08 AM
can you repost the link, cause it doesn't work :(

/me loves finalRender :)

AroundTheFur
06-21-2002, 04:58 PM
http://www.3rddimensiontutorials.com/Plugins.html:buttrock:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.