PDA

View Full Version : Indi Film : oSama

BiTMAP
01-02-2004, 11:12 AM
Saw this one, Friend send me the link. Looks to be an interesting Contraversial Flick. Anyone else heard anymore about it?

oSama trailer large on apple site (http://www.apple.com/trailers/mgm/osama/large.html)

unclebob
01-02-2004, 12:04 PM
this does look good. and NO it is NOT a movie about bin Laden.

The movie is a fact based account about a young girl in Taliban controlled Afganistan that posed as a boy so she can go to school and such, things that boys could do and girls could not.

BiTMAP
01-02-2004, 08:16 PM
Its also completly done by afgans IN afganistan... its pretty interesting to read the story thing from the site.

Kompresser
01-04-2004, 08:01 PM
This is sweet...so we got hollywood in Afghanistan now...

Array
01-04-2004, 09:07 PM
cool. freedom of speech rocks! :buttrock:

beaker
01-04-2004, 09:48 PM
I wasn't even going to bother looking at the trailer or the movie because of the movie name. I thought it was hollywood feeding off the coat tails of all the publicity of terrorism and such.

Anyone know if this was named "Osama" by the Afgans or the hollywood execs that decided to bring the movie to the US?

Dennik
01-04-2004, 10:55 PM
This thread is dangerous... :hmm:

Kompresser
01-04-2004, 11:09 PM
I would think its a publicity stunt..

BiTMAP
01-05-2004, 04:29 AM
it has no ties to america at all ;).. that makes it all the better..

IT was funded by the iranian gov. done by afgans..

Its named osoma becuase that is a common name in afganistan for boys and gurls. and thats the name the gurl took when she become a boy. Its actualy a very VERY good trailer.. I highly suggest you check it out (i was EXTREAMLY weary of it as well)... But i'm glad i did click on it.

slaughters
01-05-2004, 11:34 AM
It is a well produced trailer. I was impressed with the quality of the actual film used too (35mm). It did not have that handy-cam, on the cheap look that you have learned to expect from most indepenent films.

I also liked this quote about the film from the web site: "The actors in the film, all amateurs, are the people from the city of Kabul"

Breinmeester
01-05-2004, 12:44 PM
My god, some of the comments in this thread...:rolleyes:

onlooker
01-06-2004, 01:15 PM
I'll wait for video.

Neil
01-06-2004, 01:31 PM
When do the action figures come out? ;)

nobrain
01-06-2004, 06:31 PM
I'll never watch it. You call a movie Osama, its got nothing to do with bin Laden, and it turns out to be sympathy ploy. Freedom of speech is all good, but what am I supposed to do with this.

slaughters
01-06-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by nobrain
I'll never watch it. You call a movie Osama, its got nothing to do with bin Laden, and it turns out to be sympathy ploy. Freedom of speech is all good, but what am I supposed to do with this. NoBrain,

It was a movie made by people from Afganistan about the double lives that some of them had to live under the Taliban regieme. Is that what you mean by "sympathy ploy"? Osama is just a common boys name used in their country.

P.S. "Freedom of speech" is a real new thing in their part of the world. Taking swipes at them for using it shows a tad bit of bad taste.

nobrain
01-06-2004, 07:04 PM
and you know this cause you're in afghanistan like every other weekend when you're not cruisin off to hawaii, huh? Good for you.

Dennik
01-06-2004, 07:19 PM
Millions of people around the globe protested almost 10 months ago, against a regime that dictates to everyone on this planet, who is the good guy and who is the bad guy, who should live and who should die. Of all the bad regimes, i'm afraid of the one that rules them all. Somebody should make a movie about how democracy died, not the last year, but many years ago. Sorry for writing like that. As i already said, i find this thread dangerous...

slaughters
01-07-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by nobrain
and you know this cause you're in afghanistan like every other weekend when you're not cruisin off to hawaii, huh? Good for you. *SIGH* nobrain, read the info about the movie that is posted on its own site, or do a simple google search.

Dennik, this is about a movie, not paranoia.

Question: Has anyone actually seen the movie yet? The trailer looks decent, but I can certainly see how this subject could have been handled in a ham-handed or overly emotional/sappy way.

BiTMAP
01-07-2004, 01:17 AM
what if we changed the name of the movie to mulin rouge.. and we made it in asia instead of afganistan.. then we made it a cartoon, in the US by a company called "disney".. Yeah okay now do you like it? okay.. well this is a true version of that story with real actors.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.