PDA

View Full Version : Ds101!!!

LOX
01-02-2004, 03:55 AM
hello heres an unfinished render of my DS101, its for a contest. I posted it here to see if you guys could give me a few ideas.

and thx for the cnc

http://www.geocities.com/loxbt/DS101.txt

spm
01-02-2004, 07:54 AM
smooth the edges where the surface is round and texture it.

Supervlieg
01-02-2004, 10:44 AM
Yeah texture it, and make the space where the finger goes on the trigger larger. I could not imagine I would fit my finger in there to pull the trigger

Matt
01-02-2004, 03:28 PM
You should remove the polys in the shoulder brace. You can do those with normal maps.

This will give you extra polys to work with. It looks way too square to me. Try pushing some verts here and there to make it less parallel, and more natural.

Oh, also I noticed on the wireframe shot that the main shaft of the gun is subdivided into ten or eleven sections, but it's flat. That's a waste of polys. The scope is also subdivided into six sections in the middle, where it could be just one.

LOX
01-02-2004, 03:32 PM
thx but i added the extra polys on the shaft for future ref. not sure what im giong to add but ill come up with something. And ill be sure to remove the polys, i intend to eventually get about 3,000 polys. Right now its only about 1200 pollys.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.