PDA

View Full Version : Rendering with Rotoscope

XSeye
06-20-2002, 10:35 AM
Ok now I set up my movie to be the rotoscope thing ... looks fine so faar.

Is there a way to render the whole thing with the rotoscope video in the background?

I know it's not the professional way to do this but for testing etc. it would be nice.

thanks

gallo
06-22-2002, 07:51 PM
You could use start capture. I know it isn't exactly a render, but it is quick and since you said it's only for testing it could be suitable to your needs.

SeaQuake
06-22-2002, 09:49 PM
Just put your clip in a 2D backgroung pass and render your animation...

XSeye
06-23-2002, 05:59 PM
probably stupid, but i can't find what you mean. Where can I setup a pass to display an animated 2D background?

Or do you mean to put a plane in ortogonal view and texture it with the movie ???

thanks !!!

gallo
06-23-2002, 11:33 PM
why donj't you just put it together in after effects? It should be quick enough and less pain staking than looking for a 3d solution

EdHarriss
06-24-2002, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by XSeye
probably stupid, but i can't find what you mean. Where can I setup a pass to display an animated 2D background?Or do you mean to put a plane in ortogonal view and texture it with the movie ???It works in any pass. Just add the 2d background shader to the stack and point it to your images.

or

Use the FX tree. It's built into the interface and works really well for what you are trying to do. It'll give you more flexibility and control too.

BTW, I like your Avatar. :)

XSeye
06-24-2002, 06:16 AM
ok ... I got it now =)

thanks for the replies. I'm new to Softimage and the interface sometimes is a bit tricky if you're used to do things different.

But the more I work with this tool the more I love it !

BTW, I love your Site! Just plain awesome how you support the community.

EdHarriss
06-24-2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by XSeye
BTW, I love your Site! Just plain awesome how you support the community.

Thanks a lot! :thumbsup:

XSeye
06-24-2002, 07:28 PM
In fact the Net View feature makes me really love Softimage! I wonder why it's not included in any other software package. Or does Avid have a copyright on that? (lol)

EdHarriss
06-25-2002, 02:55 PM
I think that it is just new and other people have not coppied it yet. I've heard that there is a "netview" plugin for Maya, but it does not offer the exact same functionality.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.