PDA

View Full Version : Yeah the Movie Update !!!

s-rajesh78
12-31-2003, 10:41 AM
The long awaited "Yeah! The Movie" in their Site, its updated with New Character and Animation Preview.

http://www.yeahthemovie.de/

:love:

lildragon
12-31-2003, 10:46 AM
very neat

salud!

sonicstrawbery
12-31-2003, 11:02 AM
cOOL !! thanx a lot :bounce:

Laa-Yosh
12-31-2003, 02:43 PM
Yeah! :)

LordDubu
12-31-2003, 02:59 PM
must subscribe...

lildragon
01-01-2004, 02:33 PM
BTW don't forget the kicking wallpaper

http://www.yeahthemovie.de/html/images/wallpapers/yeah_xmas_2003_800x600.jpg

salud!

elektronaut
01-01-2004, 02:46 PM
thanks for the link! "yeah" rocks ;)

greets
marco.

assafk
01-01-2004, 05:43 PM
WoW! Amazing stuff! Does anyone has more info. about this? What program it was made in? rendered by?

s-rajesh78
01-02-2004, 03:27 AM
Hi assafk,

Its all done in 3DS Max 5 using Character Studio 4.1 and rendered in Brazil Renderer from Splutterfish.

Have u seen all the works from Spellcraft Studio, looks very cool man.

PhilOsirus
01-02-2004, 03:46 AM
Very nice!

But here are some crits, even if no one asked for any;)

Crits for Boss' animation:

Leather jacket is too floaty. Looks good but feels like forced animation like Disney often did with their characters in 2D animation (basicly a ease-in/ease-out overdose in their character's movements).

The Posing boss vid. When he twists his head toward the left right before picking at his teeth, his neck actually stretches. Feels like the skull actually detatched itself from the spine and pushed his skin along with it.

And I like the fur on Boss so much. Most 3D creatures are almost 95% always reptilian, but it gives him a more unique look, and I like how it was used only partially.

Crit for Creep's look:

I think the Creep would benefit a bit from fur as well. Maybe a fluffy mohawk that stretches along his spine or something like that, since you did manage to do more than the usual 3D furless naked repitlian character with Boss.

The girl looked great, animation and all:)

I'm no way near those guy's level at all, but hopefully that won't stop anyone from taking into possible-probability-of-maybe-we'll-give-it-a-thought-or-something:D

Keep it up, looks great! They make a nice trio! :thumbsup:

LordDubu
01-02-2004, 05:00 AM
I completely disagree on the floating leather jacket issue. Frankly I think character animation could benefit from more of that "disney" style faking it.

I think where CG animation fails more often than not is trying to be too realistic when we all know it's not. It creates a conflict of thought that makes the viewing uneasy...

or else that's how I feel about things like mo-cap and even rotoscoping with 2D...

when something I know is fake looks too real, it makes it look fake.... if that makes any sense.

PhilOsirus
01-02-2004, 04:11 PM
Yes except I'm sure a lot of people will only stare at the jacket as being hypnotized by it, it really stands out more than the character's movement themselves, as if screaming for attention. If they want to add that extra animation feel they can do it on the main subject; Boss.

Just my 2 cents:)

dave_baer
01-03-2004, 12:31 AM
Sure hope they have a better sound mix in the final.

ryusen
01-18-2005, 08:35 AM
i just read that yeah! don't use any mocap at all.. i mean, i'd be damned, the animations just look so fluid..

is it true there's no mocap at all..? i dont mean to doubt it but it's just unbelievable..

madheavy
12-28-2005, 05:53 AM
Uhhh...I hate to be one to open up old, crusty threads but WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS PROJECT? IT is so awesome! The keyframing animation, the character design, and rendering is almost without compare!

Does anyone know what happened?

ehpawk
12-28-2005, 11:45 PM
i second that! seriously does anyone know what is going on or isnt with it???
i just looked it up a few weeks ago and no news.
lets keep this thread going in hopes that he sees it and posts something

SheepFactory
12-29-2005, 12:50 AM
lets keep this thread going in hopes that he sees it and posts something

I have a better idea , instead of resurrecting 2 year old threads you guys just drop him a line and ask :)