PDA

View Full Version : Selection mode stuck on Subtract?

CourtJester
12-30-2003, 07:08 PM
On my PS 6.0, the selection tool (the one that can be box, circular or lasso .... just to be clear as I'm not up on PS terminology) used to work such that if I made a selection and wasn't happy with it, I could just click once outside the selection and it would deselect it so I could make another. If I clicked and dragged inside the selection, it would move the selection edge only (no image data).

Now, it has defaulted to the "subtract" mode. Before, I had to hold down "shift" for that; now it's on all the time, and stays on if I hold down Shift.

How do I fix this? And is it common for PS to spontaneously change settings like this?

ASCIISkull
12-30-2003, 08:56 PM
The options menu for the selection tools lets you choose the default mode for the selection tools. Check to see if the subtract button is hilighted- if so, you might have clicked it by accident.

CourtJester
01-02-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by ASCIISkull
The options menu for the selection tools lets you choose the default mode for the selection tools. Check to see if the subtract button is hilighted- if so, you might have clicked it by accident.

That's the ticket, thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.