PDA

View Full Version : Maya -> UnrealED player model mesh problem

Seven
12-30-2003, 02:03 PM
Hi

Ive already asked this on the Unreal forums but with no luck :(

Im making a player model to enter in the 'Make something Unreal' contest and im having a problem.

Now ive made a few player models in the past for Unreal using Max and had no problems now im using Maya ive got one.

When I import the mesh from Maya 5 -> ActorX -> UnrealED it ends up looking like this:

http://www.artbyseven.com/unrealedtest.jpg

Now for that example ive just imported a basic cube into UnrealED just to show my problem. Half the polygons are visible half arnt. Thats supposed to be a cube.

Now is it a normals problem, Maya history problem or what ? Anyone got any idea.

Ive never had anything like this before when I was using Max, as Ive said so I have no idea why im getting it now

Cheers

FLOw
12-30-2003, 05:36 PM
had the same problem when exporting from Lw/Maya (tried both), but max seemed to work out fine for once :) cant you just export from it? :)

Seven
12-30-2003, 06:40 PM
Well I want to do this in Maya. Ive got custom rigs and what not set up in Maya so id rather not change now. :(

Come on someones gotta know why it does this.

Seven
12-30-2003, 06:49 PM
Ok i am offically the biggest idiot on the planet. The reason part of my model disappeared and parts stayed visible was because the parts that stayed visible were the parts I triangulated. The parts that turned invisible were the parts I had not triangulated :)

hehe :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.