PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop 7 Emergency!!!!!!!!

EricUNSL
12-30-2003, 05:49 AM
Ok a few hours ago I updated the driver for my graphics card because I've been having problems with 3ds max. anyway after installing the new driver I went to use PS7 and got an error message after it loaded which said " Unable to continue because of a hardware or system error. Sorry, but this error is unrecoverable." Any suggestions on what to do? I'm too scared to go any further for fear I'll screw something else up. Oh someone please HEEELLLPPPP!!!! I uninstalled and reinstalled the program 4 times and still the same error message.

I just tried uninstalling the new graphics card driver and replaced it with the original. PS7 still doesn't work.

singularity2006
12-30-2003, 07:27 AM
u need to do a full uninstall of everything there. The hard part is doing the full uninstall. These uninstallers suck in that they usually leave files behind and don't totally delete themselves. See if u can find any tech support tips on uninstalling everything and getting the registry cleaned up a bit too. Then re-install. I hate system errors like this. In my own experience, whenever I get into that problem, I usually have to format... total pain to try troubleshooting.

halo
12-30-2003, 01:36 PM
have you tried changing your drivers back..?

Maven
12-30-2003, 01:50 PM
Before you do a reinstall do this....

Delete this entire folder...

C:\Documents and Settings\"YOUR USER NAME"\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop

To delete the PS folder, you need to have "show all hidden files and folders" on.

Then try starting PS, if it still doesn't work then reinstall.

If you just do a "Add/Remove Programs" uninstall it does not delete this folder and your settings will not be reset in PS. Unfortunalty you will lose any custom things that you may have made unless you go into this folder and find them and move them somewhere else.

EricUNSL
12-30-2003, 05:57 PM
thank you guys. I tried all your suggestions but I still get the error message. CS is coming in the mail this week so I'll see if that works.

Thank you for your help.

EricUNSL
12-30-2003, 06:59 PM
I tried it one more time and it worked!!!!! I'm back in business.

I don't know what error was causing it not to load but PS7 works now and that's all that matters. I had loaded PS6 just to get by, but it's so hard to go back to a lesser version once you've upgraded. I think I'll leave 6 on the hard drive just in case 7 wants to go screwy again.

Thanks again for your support guys. I love this place.:beer:

m333x
01-06-2004, 08:33 PM
Your set.

www.adobe.com

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.