PDA

View Full Version : isoline display

Morbid Angel
12-29-2003, 08:42 PM
Hay everyone, here is something interesting I found that 3ds max has implemented in version 6, but it has been awailable in version 5 as a script. Its called isoline display, besically what it does it takes a lowres model with smooth and histroy and then hides all the unnesesserry edges, keeping just the border edges of the low res model but in hi res instead. So the edges are technically there but they are not visible. Im wondering if you know of such script in maya or is it possible to write one? the point of this is to emulate subdivision surfaces on poly.
cheerz

galactor
12-29-2003, 09:03 PM
I guess that would be the Smooth Proxy command that can be found in the Polygon Menu.

:: Galactor ::

thematt
01-04-2004, 11:34 AM
no it's not the same as Smooth Proxy, it's really just the way of displaying, it actually only show the edge of you're low res, but in a smooth version of it..

I use that on max too, pretty handy, there's nothing like that in Maya yet..too bad.

cheers

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.