PDA

View Full Version : How do they make those 2d drawings for games

danydrunk
12-29-2003, 09:33 PM
Hello every one, i just wanted to ask if someone know how do people make those 2d images they use in games that look so sharp and pixelated? i want to know also if they have an advantege in games over normal vector drawings........i think they look cool in flash so thats why i want to learn how to pixel draw..........i would really appreciatte it heres an example of what i mean:

http://www.gameboy.com/supermarioadvance4/

look at how crispy the background looks, i hope someone can help me with this because its something i really want to know

berniebernie
12-30-2003, 10:27 AM
my guess is that it could be gif images (not dynamically imported though) and if you check the image settings in flash library you can select if you want smoothing and that that option off..

my guess is that the gifs in the mario thingy didnt have many colors and weren'y to complicated so the filesize isnt huge.. (big unicolored areas in gifs dont take up much space...)

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.