PDA

View Full Version : Press Release - The RenderMan Academy Opens Its Doors Tomorrow

fxjeane
12-29-2003, 07:06 AM
The RenderMan™ Academy Opens Its Doors Tomorrow
Free RenderMan™ community and learning site opens to the public

KANSAS CITY, Missouri, December 29, 2003 - The RenderMan™ Academy announces to the 3D community that it will open it's doors to the public at 12:00 am U.S. central time on December 30th of 2003. The RenderMan™ Academy is a free community and learning center for 3D artists looking to learn how to use one of the most advanced rendering technologies in the world.

The Academy consists of approximately 25 pages including a RenderMan™ only forum, a gift shop and a library with a growing amount of shaders, slim templates. RIB's and Textures. The web site will initially offer 10 in-depth tutorials on the use and application of RenderMan™ with newer lessons uploaded on a constant basis. All lessons are designed to adhere to the RenderMan™ standard which means that the students will be virtually learning how to use more than 5 different high-end renderers at the same time. Lessons on the use of RenderMan™ with popular 3D packages like Maya, Houdini, 3DS Max will also be made available as they are completed.

The RenderMan™ Academy has plans to become the premier RenderMan™ learning center on the web and we are constantly planning on ways to improve our service to our students and to remain a free resource to the whole 3d community. With due time we wish to have industry professionals get involved with our web site and help train the next generation of RenderMan™ td's.

About The RenderMan™ Academy

The RenderMan™ Academy was founded by Rudy Cortes in Kansas City, Missouri with one single purpose: "To expand the popularity of RenderMan™ and to bring knowledge to anyone who has the will to learn it"
For more information on The Academy please write to webmaster@RenderMan™academy.com

follow the link
http://www.rendermanacademy.com/temp/RmanAcadyLaunchPR.htm

BiTMAP
12-29-2003, 09:02 AM
kool :), now if i could stop sucking at the modeling, and figure out how to model in the Big H... I'd def get into learning this..

RockinAkin
12-29-2003, 04:01 PM
LOL - for a moment there I thought this was an actual place in Kansas City opening up.

And when I read the "...Renderman Academy is a free community and learning center for 3D artists..."

FREE 3D Academy?!, I was gettin ready to pack my bags and head out there. :D

fxjeane
12-30-2003, 02:34 AM
ok everyone!.. The Academy is officialy open

Hope to see you all there

cheers

Rudy

JA-forreal
12-30-2003, 06:24 AM
Cool! Now I can take out some free time to sit back and figure the RenderMan system with the aid of a Renderman community web site. I love 3d rendering.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.