PDA

View Full Version : maxtd.com tutorial

AroundTheFur
06-19-2002, 09:30 PM
Ok that tutorial on maxtd.com is amazing. I'm getting through it without to much trouble, however, i hit a snag and no one knows what im talkin about. During the arm ik setup, he says to create a point dummy object, and add custom attributes to it:
Create a new point helper object. Name it Control_arm, and align it with the IK WirstControl obj. Now, add the following custom attributes to it:

Name: Thumb Curl. Type: Float spinner. From -15 to 70, default 0. Object's base level.

Name: Index Curl. Same params as before.

Name: Mid Curl. Same params as before.

Name: Pinky Curl. Same params as before.

Name: Finger spread. Type: Float spinner. From -15 to 15, default 0. Object's base level.

Name: Inherit Arm. Type: Float slider. From 0 to 100, default 0. 4 ticks. Object's base level.

Name: Swivel Angle. Type: Float spinner. From -360 to 360 default 0. Object's base level.

What the F$$$ is he talking about?

AroundTheFur
06-19-2002, 09:32 PM
aha i am too smart for myself ifound it.

Nando
06-19-2002, 09:50 PM
oki................
Glad I could Help ;)

Deathbreeze
07-07-2002, 07:35 PM
You can't share your newly found knowledge? :)

Namroth
08-05-2002, 01:09 AM
Is there somone that have Rig File from maxtd
------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.maxtd.com/tutorials/CS_rig.txt
USE RIGHT-CLICK AND 'SAVE TARGET AS...' RENAME THE FILE TO .ZIP!!!
------------------------------------------------------------

toonman
08-08-2002, 07:47 PM
Hi everyone. Sorry to drop in so late. I've been quite busy these days. Glad you found your way out. My tut had a quite astonishing ammount of typos, and I never got the time to fix those. Anyway, just wanted to let ya all know that maxtd is in the process of being upgraded, so it'll be down for a while. You can still download the old r4/r3 tutorials, and send emails. I'll try to make this transition as short as possible, but I'll be out of the country for a couple of weeks, so be patient. New stuff around the corner! Cheers!!

P.S. The r4 rig file is included in the new r4 zip file (at last!)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.