PDA

View Full Version : Doom 3 Website + Trailer

sonicstrawbery
12-28-2003, 11:59 AM
For those who are waiting impatiently like me, there are some news about this fabulous game :

http://www.doom3.com

The quality of the 3d hardware rendered images is impressive, i can't wait also to hear the works of Reznor on this games

Enjoy !

Cipher

j00st81
12-28-2003, 12:15 PM
really cool, but the thing that disturbed me from the first trailers I saw months ago and hoped they would change, where the smokey sprites that came from the gun when shooting, it seems so weird comparing to the great detailled enviroments and other sfx.

Mudvin
12-28-2003, 03:08 PM
There are will be no Reznor music in Doom3.

hardimage
12-28-2003, 03:53 PM
too sci-fi for my taste...
doesn't match with the other doom series i think.
i miss the old characters.

it should be more surreal like the old ones. i want to play in "hell" and not on spaceships/ stations like in 100 other games.

SheepFactory
12-28-2003, 04:01 PM
you dont have this kind of environments and lighting in 100 other games though.

It looks absolutely gorgeous cant wait to play it :buttrock:

Kricket
12-28-2003, 04:34 PM
There's a hi-res version of the trailer on Fileplanet at
http://www.fileplanet.com/files/120000/123889.shtml

The game sure does look perrty, but I hope it has a bit more depth in gameplay than the average run 'n gun. Looks like they're adding a lot of Half Life-ish scripted sequences to spice things up so that's good at least.

Really looking forward to what the mod community will do with it.

3dean
12-28-2003, 05:32 PM
does anyone know if and when doom 3 will be out for game cube, ps2 and xbox?

later

dean

samgrice
12-28-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Mudvin

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:scream:

Kricket
12-28-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by 3dean
does anyone know if and when doom 3 will be out for game cube, ps2 and xbox? No ps2 or gc ports, just Xbox. Don't think there's a release date set. Just the typical "When it's done."

3dean
12-28-2003, 06:08 PM
why only x-box?

later

dean

Mudvin
12-28-2003, 06:15 PM
There's some unconfirmed source said that "EA London says that release date for doom3 xbox is late february". If Carmack statement "first - PC, then - Xbox" is true(i don't have any reason to doubt), then we should expect Doom3 for PC in mid-february.

It is here:
http://news.softpedia.com/news/2/2003/December/6256.shtml

also:
http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB7&Number=429400&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=1

---
#429400 - 12/16/03 12:00 PM
This was from a preview in some UK publication,
1) The invasion begins not because the UAC accidentally create a gateway into hell as in the original Doom, but because their top secret teleportation experiments accidentally destroy an existing gateway (presumably between Hell and another dimension). So they gave the Hellspawn an excuse to invade, rather than actually allow them to.

2) The UAC Mars complex Doom 3 takes place in is called the Delta Labs, which logically suggests that there are Alpha, Beta and Gamma Labs too. Whether these will be part of the story or not is another matter, but even if they don't we're bound to see fan-made levels set in them.

3) It seems the UAC have been experimenting on dead Hellspawn, because in one level you come across a room full of glowing tanks filled with dead Demons. You have to make your way through them, with only the light provide by the tanks to guide you.

4) You'll definitely go to Hell at one point but it sounds like you return back to the Mars base afterwards, because you deliberately travel there to retrieve a certain item. Or perhaps you end up going to Hell more than once?

5) Willits "when you get to hell, you'll find your stamina is hugely affected. The environemt will be totally different and a ffects your movement around this world. We're leaning more towards crazy interactive puzzles, which will turn you in all sorts of different directions in order to make hell a really unsettling place - you never know what's going to happen next. The world is very dynamic and fluid, unlike the man-made areas on the base". Oh dear. This all sounds extremely worringly like Xen :| Lets just hope ID know better than Valve...

6) Hollenshead: "We don't have level music per se, like in Return to Castle Wolfenstein where you had independent audio tracks. We're going for more ambient sounds. There will be elements of music, but there's no soundtrack."

7) Trent Reznor's departure has FINALLY been officially confirmed. Hollenshead: "At one point, we thought we'd have a collaboration with him, but it ended up not working out for us."

8) Enemy AI won't be as basic as we've previously been lead to believe, with creatures acting dynamically according to both the environemt and your actions. Willits: "The Archvile can now call in monsters. If you walk into a room and there's a lot of overhead room, the Archvile may call in some flying creatures. But if you try and hide in the ducts, he'll try to call in some smaller maggot-like creatures to get you. Basically, he'll summon the type of creatures he needs to find or kill you."

9) All Hellspawn can see in the dark, "because they're from the depths of Hell. They can smell your fear."

10) As with switches, your gun disappears when you walk up to computer terminals. In this case though, a mouse cursor appears; the UAC computer GUI basically looks and acts like a webpage.

11) One new (i.e. not a remake of an original Doom (2) creature) enemy is the Vagary, a spider queen. She has the body of a spider and the torso of a female, and is equipped with a web and claw attack.

12) Judging by a screenshot included in the preview, not only can Trites crawl down walls, but they can also dangle from spider-like threads that emerge from their mouths.

13) Willits: "The UAC has always been very paranoid about their security. They were very concerned about their employees stealing technology, so they've hidden things within the base's infrastructure." In other words, original Doom style secret areas!

14) The BFG will far more closely resemble the one in the original Doom than the one in Quake 3.

15) You can knock down rockets with the plasma gun.

16) The Berserk pack is a cross between the one in the original Doom and Quake 3's Haste power-up.

17) Willits: "The Soul Cube is an ancient weapon, one created millions of years ago to stop the forces of hell. It was used in an epic battle of good versus evil long before earth was anything like we know it today."
---

PS: Personally i think Doom3 will be more like mix between original Doom and SystemShock2.

ScribbleHEAD
12-28-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by 3dean
why only x-box?

later

dean

I think the facts speaks for themselves...

for starters the xbox is graphically beyond the capacity of atleast the ps2 (no i'm not a fan boy)

second the xbox's tech is closely related to the pc, so its the most adequate candidate to port....since its just a matter of fixing the bandwidth problem and working around the fact that the gf card is only directx 8.1 compliant.

But who'd want to play doom3 in 640x480 16 bit??

EDIT: Mudvin said it best :D

Originally posted by Kricket
Really looking forward to what the mod community will do with it.

Yes we are a special breed of people :D - that engine is gonna do much for the mod community, just like HL1/HL2

3dean
12-28-2003, 06:46 PM
OH...

later

dean

Supervlieg
12-28-2003, 06:55 PM
Looks sweet, cant wait to get my hand on it!

sonicstrawbery
12-28-2003, 07:15 PM
Nine Inch Nails fansite The NIN Hotline is reporting that due to the delays in getting DOOM 3 finished, Trent Reznor is no longer involved with the sound and music of the game. He is now working on a new Nine Inch Nails album instead. For reasons unknown, none of his work will end up in the game now apparently...

source : http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/26522/

Although It's a pity that he did not worked on the soundtrack, it's a good news for NIN fans :)

samgrice
12-28-2003, 07:30 PM
i. yeah, trents decided to actuly work on an able instead, imagine that!

ii. theres no reason doom3 couldnt work on Gamecube, or ps2 for that matter, its jsut that it would take another 2 years to get the code and engine sorted out for the different hardware. GC or PS2 doom3 wouldnt compare to PC doom3, but it wouldnt be far off, if done correctly, the GC has amazing texture compresion technology, just know one seems to use it.

Jackdeth
12-28-2003, 08:31 PM
Adam Jones from TOOL is doing the music is the last thing I heard.... But I'm not sure if its a done deal or not....

samgrice
12-29-2003, 12:09 AM
whooo, Tool, Jesus. NIN and Tool involved on the same project, imagine that. they should get together and work on a side project.

ah thered only go and call it Tapeworm or something, and never release the damn thing. ;)

ringzero
12-29-2003, 12:37 AM
play a cd on your hifi while playing the game if your really after REZ

NUKE-CG
12-29-2003, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Mudvin

:beer: Yay!
Bring on the punk rock !
:)

RormanKnockwell
12-29-2003, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Kricket
There's a hi-res version of the trailer on Fileplanet at
http://www.fileplanet.com/files/120000/123889.shtml

Large trailer, 470x352, with no need to join or login to FilePlanet:

http://www.doom3.com/video/trailer_large.mov

ScribbleHEAD
12-29-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by RormanKnockwell
Large trailer, 470x352, with no need to join or login to FilePlanet:

http://www.doom3.com/video/trailer_large.mov

yet it has a crappy fps, and you still recommend it...

ppl don't get that vid, get the Hq vid, there's plenty of places to get it from (not only gamespot and fileplanet)...

NUKE-CG
12-29-2003, 01:03 PM
Hmmm how is this different to the E3 one?
I saw this months ago. :shrug:

DaveW
12-29-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by hardimage
too sci-fi for my taste...
doesn't match with the other doom series i think.
i miss the old characters.

it should be more surreal like the old ones. i want to play in "hell" and not on spaceships/ stations like in 100 other games.

The original Doom was sci-fi. You start out on a base on Mars. You didn't go to Hell until you died on the last map of Episode 1. Doom 3 is the same, you start on the Mars base and eventually wind up in Hell.

percydaman
12-29-2003, 08:00 PM
i thought the trailer reminded me of the original half life. the shuttle train moving through the facility, the scientist "accident", the opening of a rift from which ugly creatures stream through..

lets hope its more original then the preview makes it out to be. looking forward to it nonetheless.

DaveW
12-30-2003, 04:15 PM
If the Doom3 story sounds a lot like Half-Life, it's because the Half-Life story is a lot like the original Doom story.

pthomas72
12-30-2003, 06:13 PM
_

pthomas72
12-30-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by DaveW
If the Doom3 story sounds a lot like Half-Life, it's because the Half-Life story is a lot like the original Doom story.

HA ha HA ha HA... ho hmm. HAAAA HA HA HA.
ouch!

I had a lot of fun playing HlfLife by the way....

DaveW
12-31-2003, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by pthomas72
HA ha HA ha HA... ho hmm. HAAAA HA HA HA.
ouch!

I assume you're laughing because you think the statement is untrue? The original Doom story was about scientists on a Mars base doing experiments and accidentally opening a portal to Hell, allowing various demons to infiltrate the base. So anyone trying to imply that Doom 3's story is ripping off Half-Life needs to explain how the original Doom games had that same storyline in 1993. Not that the story in either game was terribly original, similar stories are common in sci-fi.

hardimage
12-31-2003, 02:59 AM
now watching again it really doesnt feel like doom anymore. it's some sort of resident-evil meets metal gear solid meets unreal tournament game.

id doesnt seem as innovative as they were once. - but it might still be a nice game no doubt. it just bother's me it's being called doom3 and not "spacepigs alliance tri-force" or something like that.

Jackdeth
12-31-2003, 03:40 AM
ID never had inovative story lines before. Just amazing shoot-kill-shoot-kill games.

This is thier first big story game...

pthomas72
12-31-2003, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by DaveW
I assume you're laughing because you think the statement is untrue?

no no! of course not!
I thought your first remark was just damn funny because so few people know that about Doom!
Good history lesson

Both games are still more enjoyable than jerking off.

Kricket
12-31-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Jackdeth
ID never had inovative story lines before. Just amazing shoot-kill-shoot-kill games.

This is thier first big story game... We hope.. we hope. So far it still seems like you can fit the story on a napkin.

BrainFaucet
12-31-2003, 04:46 PM
The lack of a story was what made DOOM such a great and innovative game! When DOOM was first released pretty much every game had involved stories, points, lives and silly useless point items (treasure, gold, etc.)

DOOM had a very very small plot (just enough to explain the enemies and environment.) The character had no name, there was no point system, no useless items, no cinematic bits, no "lives." If you died, it wasn't Mario that died. It wasn't Commander Keen that died. YOU died. It was just YOU and a zillion hideous monsters. You weren't playing for points... you were playing for your life.

oxyg3n
01-03-2004, 06:36 AM
I am excited that this game "looks" like it will be coming out soon. I just hope I will be able to get a great frame rate with my new fx5950 ultra.

AnimBot
01-03-2004, 08:32 AM
There's some unconfirmed source said that "EA London says that release date for doom3 xbox is late february". If Carmack statement "first - PC, then - Xbox" is true(i don't have any reason to doubt), then we should expect Doom3 for PC in mid-february.
Like it says unconfirmed source.

Keiyentai
01-03-2004, 09:49 AM
FOr those who dont know DOOM III is a high-Tech Remake of the Origanal Doom. Thats why it's all sci-fi like in the begining. THough there puting alot of the in to it this time instead of you enter a room with 50+ zombie co-workers and start unloading BuckShots. I cant wait for DOOM III to come out.....Must have...:drool:

Gazortus
01-05-2004, 03:54 PM
By the way.

id is only showing the mars complex levels, they stated they wanted to leave the Hell levels as a surprise. So its all not going to be grey hallways.

Levitateme
01-06-2004, 10:38 PM
I talked to one of the idiots at EB last week, he said doom 3 for pc is scheduled for april something. i forgot the exact date. but he looked on his computer there. although how EB has a date and i have heard nothing anywhere else im skeptical.

slaughters
01-07-2004, 12:12 AM
But I did notice that EB is all ready taking pre-orders for the game. :)

Keiyentai
01-07-2004, 06:09 AM
I doubt it's a "set" date. Probaly a guess or something. Right now unless it came from ID SoftWare or John Carmack himself I wouldent believe it unless I saw it on the self that day. All I know is I want it.

pthomas72
01-09-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Keiyentai
I doubt it's a "set" date. Probaly a guess or something. Right now unless it came from ID SoftWare or John Carmack himself I wouldent believe it unless I saw it on the self that day. All I know is I want it.

yeah, what he said. :p

carl_00
01-09-2004, 06:12 AM
:drool:
to say im looking forward to this game is an understatment, i think a few pc upgrades are due with doom 3, half life 2 and unreal tournament 2004:bounce:
big year for pc gaming

Norlan
01-10-2004, 03:57 PM
F.Y.I., preordering is now available at Gamestop, EB Games, and Best Buy for only $9.99, including the game which you will eventually receive, an exclusive Doom III poster, and a classic doom figurine. (Note to how to choose figurine: Gamestop - Baron of Hell, Best Buy - Mancubus, EB Games - Demon)

BTW, check out http://www.computergaming.com/article2/0,4364,1426443,00.asp as well that is just updated few days ago.

Norlan
01-12-2004, 11:19 AM
WARNING: SPOILERS......

Last previewed from PCZONE ISSUE 135:

Throughout the annals of gaming history, there are few titles which have left as much of an impression - for so long, on so many - as Doom. It’s testament to the game’s quality that over a decade after its initial release and some nine years since its sequel, the series has returned to such rabid excitement.
Of course, the fact that it’s the most visually stunning and atmospheric piece of software on the planet does help its cause somewhat. We were lucky enough to get another eyeful of the game that’s got graphics cards quaking in their ports, when we caught up with id Software’s Tim Willits (lead designer on Doom3), programmer Robert Duffy and long-locked international face of the company and CEO Todd Hollenshead. Get ready to be impressed.

CALM BEFORE THE STORM
Just in case you’ve been living on a completely different planet and are not familiar with Doom 3’s setting, let’s start with a little background information to get you up to speed. The UAC, a mega-research corporation, has got itself in a bit of a pickle. Having set up base (the Delta Complex) on Mars to conduct top secret teleportation experiments, they somehow manage to rip asunder a gateway into hell. The silly sausages.
Understandably, the hell spawn aren’t too happy about being interrupted in the middle of a roasting, and flood out into the base, seemingly massacring everyone. Everyone except you, that is, and a few other helpless unfortunates. Which kind of leaves it in your trembling mitts to take on the entire might of all that is evil, and save the universe from being consumed by a kerzillion years of darkness and suffering. No pressure.
Thankfully, it won’t be all guns, guns, guns from the off. As Tim explains, you’ll get a chance to get your bearings first, as well as being thrown a few teasers to get you in the mood for the story ahead. "When you arrive at the UAC, you’ll have an option to explore a limited about of the facility before the demonic invasion takes place. You can explore some of the more administrative areas, talk with other characters and learn about what’s going on with the experiments, while discovering some secrets about the other main characters."
The game’s sedate start won’t last for long though, and you’ll soon find yourself scrabbling for your life, embroiled in some of the most thrilling atmospheric set pieces ever to grace a PC screen. Having just sat through one particularly griping and life-threatening sequence which had us crying for our mummies, we asked Tim if he could give us a few more specific examples.
"We have a scenario where you find these tanks of dead demons that the UAC have discovered. All the tanks glow with an eerie light and you have to make your way through the facility using just that illumination as your guide." And will one of them burst out of their tanks at you? "If I were to tell that, it wouldn’t be a surprise when they do, would it?" he told us. "Sometimes, the anticipation of what’s going to happen can be more frightening than the actual event itself." We’d say that’s a yes then.

INTO THE FIRE
But don’t expect to be spending your whole time cowering in the crevices of the man-made locales of the Delta Complex. This is because id Software has seen fit to book you a trip to hell as part of Doom 3’s wild ride of bloodshed, the thoughtful souls. Propelled into the fire in order to retrieve a special item essential for the completion of your mission, you can expect a non-too-friendly reception, as well as a drastic change of setting and gameplay mechanisms to boot.
"When you get to hell, you’ll find your stamina is hugely affected," explains Tim. "The environment will be totally different ad affects your movement around this world. We’re leaning more towards crazy interactive puzzles, which will turn you in all sorts of different directions in order to make hell a really unsettling place - you never know what’s going to happen next. The world is very dynamic and fluid, unlike the man-made areas on the base." Sounds chilling. But not literally, obviously.

HIDDEN DEPTHS?
Contrary to what many believe, Doom 3 is shaping up to be anything but a boot-it-and-shoot-it, linear and unoriginal FPS encased in a jaw-dislocating engine. Graphically, it’s clearly untouchable, but as we spoke to Tim, it became evident there’s more to Doom 3’s gameplay than the ill-informed would have you believe.
"We have situations where we orchestrate the events that will happen to you. But we also have situations based on what you do. The characters and even parts of the environment will be reacting dynamically to you. We do control the environments, but you also have choices you can make," states Tim.
This dynamic environment is probably best highlighted by the way the AT reacts to you. Whereas in the past, many shooters would throw you into a battle where the AI’s sole goal was to shoot/bite/kick/stab you to death, Doom 3’s nasties are rather more intelligent.
Take the terrifying Archvile create for example, one of several enemies resurrected and given a makeover from the original game. IN Doom, the Archvile could resurrect monsters that you’d killed. But, as Tim is keen to highlight: "The Archvile can now call in monsters. If you walk into a room and there’s a lot of overhead room, the Archvile many call in some flying creatures. But if you try and hide in the ducts, he’ll try to call in some small maggot-like creatures to get you. Basically, he’ll summon the type of creatures he needs to find or kill you." Now does that sound like a game entirely reliant on scripted sequences? Thought not. Neither does Tim.
"Our AI is pretty smart," he continues. "Creatures will know where you are, they’ll set up ambushes for you, they’ll hunt for you, they’ll follow you. We’ve got some areas where, if you get carried away and start shooting out the lights, they’ll start to close in around you. All the creatures can see in the dark because they’re born from the depths of hell. They can smell your fear." And if you’re not careful, you’ll be doing the same while playing the game.

TO ME, TO YOU
During the course of the game, you’ll also have the opportunity to interact with the base’s computer system, through the Graphical User Interface (GUI). "We’ve added a GUI to the computer systems throughout the UAC," begins Tim. "It’s a very powerful interactive paradigm and doesn’t require additional controls. You interact with the GUIs the same way you interact with a webpage, and the graphics are presented with a Flash-like level of interactivity and quality. The computers can control anything from complex machinery to simply turning on or off the lights in a room." Using a GUI will be simple. Walk up to it, and your weapon will automatically lower and a mouse cursor will appear on the screen.

INCY WINCY SPIDER
Tim and CEO Todd Hollenshead were reluctant to divulge much information about as yet unannounced enemies. We did, however, mange to find out about one new alien adversary, the Vagary, a spider queen who Time promises will be as vicious and fast as she is terrifying. The Vagary has the body of spider and the torso of a female, and is equipped with a web and claw attack.
But AI won’t be restricted only to things that want to tear out your ribcage and use it as a dish rack. During the course of your quest, you’ll invariably stumble across other survivors, who’ll furnish you with priceless nuggets of information or help guide you through particularly tricky areas of the game. "These characters will help feed the story and give background information," says Tim. "We’ve tried to create a much richer back-story for the UAC, what they’re doing and why you’re there, so you can experience much more than just running around and shooting."

BACK TO THE FUTURE
In what is clearing a homage to Doom, Doom 3 is also set to feature hidden rooms packed with useful equipment, a feature which ahs been tied in perfectly to the UAC’s back-story. "The UAC has always been very paranoid about their security. They were very concerned about their employees stealing technology, so they’ve hidden things within the base’s infrastructure."
Of course keeping yourself and your allies alive would be virtually impossible were it not for the game’s monstrous collection of heavy-duty weaponry, much of which we’ve spoken about in detail in previous previews. But we did manage to garner some new info has been reluctant to divulge in great detail in the past.
Time assures us that the BFG, although still under development, will resemble the original BFG far more closely than it will Quake III’s hopefully meaning a return to its ‘Area Damage’ roots. He also revealed that the chaingun has proved a favorite for deathmatch games, thanks to its combination of rapid fire-rate and long-distance accuracy.
In addition, he also proudly promised you’ll be able to knock rockets out the sky with the Plasma gun before they get a chance to part your body from its limbs, a trick which will no doubt prove priceless in multiplayer games.
What’s more, like many of its monsters, a lot of Doom 3’s items are upgrades from the original. "The Berserk Pack is now like the Haste power-up and Berserk pack combined. We also have invisibility and IR, but beyond that it’s too early say anything more," explains Tim.

SOUL TO SOUL
But it was his next snippet of information regarding the mysterious Soul Cube which got our heartbeats really racing. "We don’t want to give away too many surprises, but what we can say is that the Soul Cube is an ancient weapon, one created millions of years ago to stop the forces of hell. It was used in an epic battle of good versus evil long before earth was anything like we know it today." The plot thickens

EVOLUTION
Id’s 22 dedicated employees have been working furiously on the game since the company’s annual QuakeCon event, during which they received feedback from their fans. "Players felt they floated around too much a problem we found to be rooted in the physics engine. But because the guy who made our physics engine is part of our team (Jan Paul van Waveren), it was easy to fix. We’ve now made the player feel weightier, which gives deathmatch a more solid feel."
The way Doom 3 is shaping up, it’s looking more and more likely that it’ll live up to its hype. A re-imagining of its predecessors rather than a recreation, both fans of the original and Doom newcomers will no doubt find plenty to get excited about. Graphically stunning and ever more convincing, and with some gameplay surprises to boot, it looks like it’s going to be a slugfest between this titan and Half-Life 2 for 2004 FPS supremacy. Quite frankly, we can’t wait till it all kicks off for real.

THERE’S NO GREATER TERROR THAN A TERROR YOU CAN’T SEE
Imagine Jaws with no music. Go on, have a go. What would you have? A fin. A few waves. The occasional sound of a squawking seagull flying by. Doom 3 is no different. Well, apart from the fin, sea and seagull sounds, of course.
Without the right sound and music, Doom 3 wouldn’t scary at all. Utilizing six way surround sound and subtle uses of environment effects and music, it is without a doubt the scariest game we’ve ever hear, playing with your mind and making you believe there’s a demon in your room ready to slurp your intestines like spaghetti.
As id Software’s CEO Todd Hollenshead explains: "We don’t have level music per se, like in Return To Castle Wolfenstein where you had independent audio tracks. We’re going for more ambient sounds. There will be elements of music, but there’s no soundtrack." Which kind of negates the possibility of having Trent Reznor putting one together, then. "At one point, we thought we’d have a collaboration with him, but it ended not working out for us." But from what we’ve seen of the game, the sound and music complement the graphics to perfection. Who needs Mr. Reznor, eh?

TURN OFF THE LIGHTS, CAMERA... ACTION!
Yes, it’s happening. Or at least, so Time believes. With the film rights now officially licensed to Warner Brothers (the third time the game has been licensed), it’s looking more likely than ever that the film will get made. "There’s a high level of excitement at Warner Brothers," says Tim. "It’s difficult to say until they start filming the movie whether there’s actually going to be one, though. However, I think we’re well on our way to a solid script. Then we hope to get top actors associated with the project." Could this be the first ever, decent game-based film? We live in hope.

CHRiTTeR
04-10-2004, 12:36 AM
That sounded more like a commercial with some stuff I allready knew. :surprised :rolleyes:

s_ridenour
04-10-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by samgrice
theres no reason doom3 couldnt work on Gamecube, or ps2 for that matter, its jsut that it would take another 2 years to get the code and engine sorted out for the different hardware. GC or PS2 doom3 wouldnt compare to PC doom3, but it wouldnt be far off, if done correctly, the GC has amazing texture compresion technology, just know one seems to use it.

The GameCube and the PS2 just don't have the necessary hardware power. For starters, the PS2 has only 32MB of RAM. The GC has something like only 24MB.

Additionally, neither the GC nor the PS2 support vertex and fragment shaders. The XBox does (though not nearly to the same extent that the PC does; AFAIK the XBox has a GeForce3 for graphics hardware). Without vertex and fragment shaders, there's no normal mapping and none of the game's advanced lighting.

CHRiTTeR
04-11-2004, 12:22 AM
That a modified Gforce3 especially designed for the Xbox. Not quite the same as on PC (Better then the pc-version).

b.Schulz
04-11-2004, 12:36 AM
I wish this game would just come out already....I'm so ready for my next installment of Doom :scream:

mummey
04-11-2004, 12:42 AM
I see some places saying July 1st now.

Damn I'm sick of waiting for this game. :P

-B

pthomas72
04-11-2004, 03:41 AM
"Good things come to those who wait"

Although I did hear from a producer at microsoft that half Life is going to be another year...
BAAAAAAAAH HA HA HA HA HA HA.
Gabe Newel for president!
hmm.

Keiyentai
04-11-2004, 04:58 AM
I like ID's way of bring out games 'It's done when it's Done" Valve "Oh it will be out Spetember 30th...ooops "hackers" stole our code it will be out March...ooops we slacked off...it will be out April"...Still waiting. :rolleyes:

ID SoftWare "If it's out in April/May it will be out but like we said it's done when it's done" lol

b.Schulz
04-11-2004, 06:37 AM
well as long as one of those 2 frigg'n games comes out to tide me over for a while. I'm sick of waiting....patience is a virtue though....but still....I can't wait. :D

JamesDeschenes
04-12-2004, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Keiyentai
'It's done when it's Done"

Did someone say Duke Nukem Forever :p

Blackhole
04-12-2004, 02:45 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO, that looks really cool, an amazing engine for that game, its what i wished doom and other frist person games should be like.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.