PDA

View Full Version : Can i adjust brush smoothin?

Levitateme
12-28-2003, 09:44 AM
I am using Photoshop cs, and have smoothing on with my pen 100% of the time. i was curious if anyone knows if i can adjust how much smooth it does. i would like to increase if i could. thanks for any info.

dg
12-28-2003, 07:34 PM
Hi,

I'm not sure that I got your point but have you tried shift+[ or ], this will increase and decrease the hardness of the brush, for more configs try the right click or the Brushes palette.

I wish you a awesome 2004, Happy New Year! :beer:
See ya!

wolver1ne
12-28-2003, 08:21 PM
He means the Smoothing option in Brushes pallete, which produces smoother curve in brushes strokes.

According to the help file, smoothing is most effective when you are painting quickly with a stylus.

As for changing the smoothing value like in Illustrator and InDesign, then it's not possible. However I think Adobe will add it in next release, hopefully.

dg
12-28-2003, 08:52 PM
My mistake :D

That smoothing option in the Brushes Palette is a on/off option only, I don't think that is a way to control it in PS like wolver1ne said.

Cheers,
dg

Levitateme
12-28-2003, 09:10 PM
Nuts...thanks wolv. i wa slooking in the help docs, and there justisnt anyting on that. soi was thinking the same thing. thanks.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.