PDA

View Full Version : how to custmize my Maya panel?

luonaldo
12-28-2003, 08:28 AM
Hey, everyone, I am new to here, I wish to display a standard windows browser in one of maya's panel; or customize my layout with one of the panels showing another software's view, such as Acdsee or Internet Explorer; or, how can I add a new items like acd and I.E. into the panel Editor's panel available list? Can these be done by MEL? or API?
I saw that XSI has a simillar panel named"Net View", which can let user access the local resource or through the Web. I think that will be very convenient, but do not know how to do with maya, would you please give me a guide or some advice? I have some experience in MEL scripting and C programming.
Thx a lot.

olivier georges
12-28-2003, 04:22 PM
hi,
if you need only an internet browser in a maya panel, alias has developped a plug-in to allow that, search at highend, but if you need to create you custom panels like a explorer type [anel, you need to learn how to write custom tools with the maya API...

Olivier.

CIM
12-29-2003, 09:07 AM
I saw that XSI has a simillar panel named"Net View", which can let user access the local resource or through the Web.

Maya 6.0 will have that exact feature.

luonaldo
12-30-2003, 05:03 AM
Hi, thanks a lot. I've found a plugin on highend3d.com, named "IE forMaya" version 1.0, I'll try it. wish you all happy a new year.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.