PDA

View Full Version : lowPoly <-> highpoly Connection

=mesher=
12-27-2003, 09:17 PM
hello guys,

i want to animate my highpoly-mesh with a lowpoly-mesh. With Polygons you can do it, if you connect the InMesh and OutMesh in the Connection Editor. So you can animate the duplicated lowpoly-mesh and the highpoly does the same. If you hide the highpoly you have a better systemspeed and you can work much better and faster. If you are done, you can hide the lowpoly-mesh and render the highpoly-mesh.

Now my question:
My new model is in subdivision-surfaces. Systemspeed is terrible! I don't know, how to do it. I am looking for a similar solution. Does somebody know, how to do it?

best regards - felix

GrafOrlok
12-28-2003, 10:09 AM
SubD's look nice but they are so sloooow...

One suggestion is to duplicate the polycage and skin that one to the rig. And then use a wrap deformer to drive the subD surface. This method works but are even slower when it comes to calculate... But by doing this you can hide your subD's and animate with your low poly cage to get all the feedback you want, and still get a nice render...

/Staffan
Fido film

loden
12-28-2003, 01:08 PM
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=107834&highlight=wrap
Hope this could help;)
Bye

=mesher=
12-28-2003, 06:47 PM
thanks very much! :thumbsup:

nottoshabi
12-29-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by =mesher=

With Polygons you can do it, if you connect the InMesh and OutMesh in the Connection Editor.

I have never seen that before. And I have been looking.. Is it hiden or under another node?

kmp3d
12-29-2003, 09:31 PM
I have never seen that before. And I have been looking.. Is it hiden or under another node?

Yeah the mesh in and out is actully part of the shape node of an object. When you use CPS or poly proxy that is the underlying connection that is being made. Also with subd you can turn on the proxy mode of the subd object, now you can connect your low rez mesh (mesh out) into the actual subd proxy object (mesh in). Two problems though... I believe that you'll lose and hiearchal subd edits, if any were made... also you have to leave subd in proxy mode if you don't you'll lose that connection... you can always just hide the subd proxy cage.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.