PDA

View Full Version : Makeup help

Kail
06-19-2002, 07:49 PM
I'm currently working on a bitmap which I plan to use for a female face. I plan to give this virtual lady some makeup but I know very little about makeup (how it is used, techniques, styles) so if you can tell me about a makeup tutorial, or guide, preferably available on the web, I'd be most grateful.

Any hints, suggestions or shortcuts when painting face textures with or without makeup are also welcome.

Thanks.

windowlicker
06-25-2002, 12:47 PM
Well, I have no knowledge about makeup. However I'm sure you'll find some pages about style and techniques if you search at google.com. There has got be something!

:cool:

odybear
06-25-2002, 08:19 PM
Wow! Trying to fit all the years I spent trying to do my own will be tough. the best advise I can give is to look at magazines. A dark line at the base of the lashes makes them look fuller. The rest usually goes with the creases of the eyes. I can't think of any web sites that would help. Just keep looking at pics of girls, or get a female friend to help out! Good luck! :wavey:

Kail
06-25-2002, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the advice. I'll see if I can find a book about it. There have to be tons of books on makeup.
Photographs and friends are also good advice. Will try that as well.

Thanks again.

Grey
06-25-2002, 08:54 PM
http://magazines.ivillage.com/cosmopolitan/style/features

there's a message board...

:D

blankslatejoe
06-25-2002, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by odybear
Just keep looking at pics of girls

kail, you lucky duck! you get to pass that off as work!

Kail
06-25-2002, 09:43 PM
Yeah. Well, I'm actually a student at the moment but when I get a job I can keep doing it claiming it's for my work.:thumbsup:

blankslatejoe
06-25-2002, 09:54 PM
hey im a student too, at VCU in Richmond, VA, studying digital imaging (re:cd covers and webdesign...ugh)

What about yerself?

Kail
06-25-2002, 10:10 PM
I live in the south of Sweden. I study media technology focusing on web design, web development and 3D design for computers games, movies, media and entertainment.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.