PDA

View Full Version : What do YOU think?

trincki
12-26-2003, 04:43 PM
I got this Creative pc-cam 850 recently, and I have been thinking to try to make an animation based on video clips....Thing is I don't know any of animation programs...been thinking for a while, and It seem that Flash is most popular choice - but for what? What I had in mind is cropping videos so I could get wanted actors in computerized surroundings. Is Flash for that kind of stuff too? And also, what programs are good for building exteriors?

berniebernie
12-30-2003, 10:31 AM
uhm flash is mainly a vector soft - not good for video compositing and rendering; you can embed videos in your flash files but I wouldnt center my flash files on videos - such a hassle to manage...

There are many softwares wich edit videos (Adobe Premiere, Pinnacle Studio) or for compositing (SpecialFX) , Adober After Effects, Shake, Combustion (Discreet), and one of the Houdini Suite program...

and there must be a dozen more around - these are the ones I remember...
And when you say building exteriors - is that 3d ?
Then look in the 3d threads - lots of soft will do...

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.