PDA

View Full Version : PS with dualhead sisplay

ASCIISkull
12-26-2003, 04:23 AM
Since I set up my second monitor on my Matrox G450 Dual Head, I've been keeping Photoshop on the second monitor. My problem is that dialogue boxes keep getting lost, either to my first monitor or off the visible area of the screen. This often becomes tantamount to Photoshop being locked up, and even dialogues which can be closed while not visible are effectively lost. Is there any solution to this?

Update: Appearing off screen seems to happen mostly with the control panels for adjustment layers. Other panels tend to pop up on the other monitor, but when I move them to the second monitor they usually come up there afterwards.

Ian Jones
12-26-2003, 01:30 PM
Hmm... thats a tough one. I guess you could search around for an *.ini somewhere in the ps folders that may let you adjust something like that. Who knows...

EricChadwick
12-26-2003, 03:27 PM
Window menu > Workspace > Reset Palette Locations.

I found it helps to save Workspace files, I make one for working on the right monitor with palettes left, and another one for vice versa.

ASCIISkull
12-26-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by posm
Window menu > Workspace > Reset Palette Locations.

Unfortunately, that didn't work. It only fixed the tool palettes etc, not the dialogue boxes.

I found it helps to save Workspace files, I make one for working on the right monitor with palettes left, and another one for vice versa.

I'll look into that when I get home from work.

Ian Jones
12-27-2003, 01:28 AM
Hmm... seems I totally misunderstood the question. sorry

AniMo
12-29-2003, 05:22 PM
yo ascii the prob is
u use dual view on your craphic card
and these semi pro cards or game cards doesnt support oh display opengl view on 2nd monitor
so the chaet is (since i have also dual view)
instead of using dual view n graphic setup use horizontal span
like having resolution of 2500x1250

then ull be fine O_O

can drag and drop anything and it will let u c OH display -> Ye$
gl ;)

ASCIISkull
12-30-2003, 03:12 AM
Actually, I just reinstalled photoshop and it works now... maybe because i'd been using only one monitor when I installed it? dunno.
Thanks everyone!

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.