PDA

View Full Version : character: Black Bikini

Amilton Diesel
12-26-2003, 02:42 AM
Wow, the summer is comming here in Brasil. By this thought, I tried to make my first female model.

I am an architectural designer and this work was tottaly new for me. She is a typical brasilian woman, brown skin, brown eyes.

Modelled in Max 5, standard lights.

Texture was made in Photoshop 6.

http://www.cgdodiesel.hpg.com.br/forum/art9.jpg

And the wire

http://www.cgdodiesel.hpg.com.br/forum/art10.jpg

Shaykai
12-26-2003, 03:56 AM
Wow great job. I really love the hair and the model. I think the textures are a little off, for instance, on her right leg near the knee you can see a bunch of swirls of color like a milkshake or something. Her head also seems a little small for her body and her color bones stick out too much. I would also tighten up the straps on her top because they seem a little loose on the sides. Maybe give her fuller lips. Other then that, looks great.

Shaykai

DragonKore
12-26-2003, 05:55 AM
The model is nice, the textures aren't bad, but the proportions seem very off. The head is too small and the arms are too long.

MVA
12-26-2003, 05:27 PM
:buttrock:

My congratulations! it only lacked a little more than work in the deep one! But it is very good!

Um Abraço! pra ti Novatinho!

Amilton Diesel
12-26-2003, 10:05 PM
Hi Marcos, did you like it? Well, I have a long way ahead to make good characters, this is just the begining. There some mistakes I agree, her skin is twisted in some parts, in the legs for example.
However, I keep trying. The background was hand painted in Photoshop just like the hair.

Ae Vinips, é o que temos para o momento, pelo menos essa não parece um macaco.

Falow.

random.hero
12-28-2003, 06:14 PM
that looks great, shes pretty sexy, great for a first character model. as someone stated before, the proportions are out, but thats not too difficult to change is it ?

apart from that, theres a few things i spotted.

1) her knees are a bit wide, real ones have more shape, and the kneecaps stick out.
2) her hair seems a bit flat, maybe make it a bit bigger on top.
3) the background, although well made, has little feel of depth, maybe increase the contrast a bit.
4) on the left, the transition between sea and sand is too sharp.
5) and lastly the sand is very flat, maybe you could add some bumps too it, maybe even some footprints. that would be a nice touch.

those are just things i noticed, some are quite big, but its up to you if you change them or not.

Antonbomb22
12-28-2003, 10:38 PM
pretty good model:thumbsup:, i just noticed this, shes wearing a more dark brown than black bikini:D

Stewpot
12-28-2003, 11:34 PM
Hi Amilton,

From the bust down great, but the collar bones seem to be a little too curvy and the neck is set too high and too long.

The proportions as already said are off, especially the size of the head. It needs to be slightly bigger, and the neck area needs to be shorter.

Otherwise, looks pretty good.

Amilton Diesel
12-29-2003, 01:43 AM
Thanks for the critiques. I made some modifications on the head, i think it was the main mistake. but the other critiques are very welcome, I'll try to apply them on my next model.

http://www.cgdodiesel.hpg.com.br/bikini2.jpg

Shaykai
12-29-2003, 01:45 AM
I think the head is still too small. sorry :(

Shaykai

SidewinderX143
12-29-2003, 02:45 AM
great work! only comment is that the expression on her face looks like a sneer, which isn't very attractive...

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.