PDA

View Full Version : Leadtek make Quadros?

dvornik
12-24-2003, 05:09 PM
When did that happen? I didn't realise that Leadtek manufactures Quadros.
http://www.leadtek.com.tw/workstation.shtml

[edit] I guess they've been doing it for several months... I totally missed it. Looks like they don't sell it in the US...

CgFX
12-25-2003, 03:34 AM
Leadtek doesn't manufacture Quadros, only nVidia manufactures Quadros (through a contract builder like ASUS) unlike GeForce.

Leadtek is just like PNY with respect to Quadro but they sell in Asia. PNY is Europe and the U.S. for Quadro distribution.

elvis
12-25-2003, 09:50 AM
Yup. Like CgFX said, all the quadros we get there in Australia are Leadtek badged, unless of course they come from a large OEM like Dell or Compaq/HP.

dvornik
12-25-2003, 11:13 AM
Oh, that figures. What is their support like? PNY support is rather decent - easy to reach, easy to exchange and all of that... [edit] at least in the US.

elvis
12-26-2003, 08:06 AM
i can't really say. support in Australia sucks at best for anything. most stuff is manufactured in taiwan, malaysia or the US, so you're looking at international phone calls any way.

as for returns, you generally rely on the reseller for that. some are nice and will swap the card on the spot, and then deal with the replacement from the manufacturer for you. others will simply box it up and return it to taiwan and you sit there for 2 months waiting for your card to come back.

yay for Australia. we pay 30% extra on any hardware component compared to the americans, and wait 2 months for RMAs.

but at least we don't have the DMCA! :p

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.