PDA

View Full Version : help.. problem with GeForce4 TI 4200 AGP8x

mrtprodz
12-24-2003, 12:52 PM
i have a serious problem lately with my GeForce4 TI 4200 AGP8x, it happen only under 3dsMax 5.1, when i'm trying to move vertex or scroll the viewport the screen starts to flicker and suddently reboot my computer..

i'm running under XP Professional, i tried almost everything (last updated drivers, old drivers), i also format my system to work on a clean version (maybe XP was the problem but no... still the same)

i also tried Software mode, Direct3d mode, OpenGL mode for the viewport.. still the same, the screen starts flickering and reboot the system..

System: Pentium 4 3.06 Ghz
GeForce4 TI 4200 AGP8x
1 Gram

the thing that annoy me is that this worked just fine till now, i didn't add any hardware or software.. (well i just updated my GeForce drivers with the last one on their site at www.nvidia.com but even if i delete it and replaced it by the old one it still doing the same thing...)

finally, i tried another graphic card (Matrox AGP.. don't now exactly the model) and it just work fine.. but i want my GeForce back (better performances..)

please help me :cry:

imashination
12-24-2003, 12:54 PM
www.guru3d.com

download detonator destroyer
uninstall your gfx card
run the program you downloaded
reinstal the old driver that worked.

CgFX
12-24-2003, 03:12 PM
Hard OS resets under XP are almost always system chipset related. NVIDIA's driver aggressively exercises the AGP host connection which is when you find all the bugs and issues that are not uncomming there (e.g. VIA). Newer NVIDIA drivers are likely even more aggressive about maxing out AGP performance.

I would completely uninstall the NVIDIA drivers as suggested. Then I would make sure you install the latest and greatest drivers for your system chipset (Intel, VIA, SiS, NVIDIA, etc.). Then I would install the latest and greatest NVIDIA drivers.

If the problem is still there then you should probably detail what motherboard and system chipset you have. In rare cases you could have a hardware problem or just have a system chipset that doesn't work well with your gfx card in certain software configurations. Going back to your previous NVIDIA driver where things worked should resolve that but if not then either hardware has begun to fail or something else has changed.

mrtprodz
12-24-2003, 05:06 PM
thanx a lot for your reply :thumbsup:

i'll try what you advised imashination, maybe the problem came from the new drivers, if it doesn't.. i'll try CgFX solution..

thanx :scream:

mrtprodz
12-24-2003, 05:10 PM
merry christmas :wavey:

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.