PDA

View Full Version : king Arthur teaser

Tychoides
12-23-2003, 09:08 PM
http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/2004/IJKLM/King-Arthur/images/kingarthurwall.jpg

http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/kingarthurqt1.html

boboroshi
12-23-2003, 09:39 PM
mmm .Kiera Knightley.

Sorry. This looks interesting. When is it supposed to come out? Anyone here working on it?

vfx
12-23-2003, 09:43 PM
arrggghh got beat to it!

Well this certainly looks promising - in fact it doesn't actually look too hollywood cheesy (apart from that guy doing the voiceover). The vfx are partly being done by the moving picture company I believe.

The main actor is that dude from the BMW films, he's moving up in the world. Good to see another brit orientated story.

boboroshi
12-23-2003, 09:47 PM
Yeah. he's also one of the treadstone guys in "The Bourne Identity".

aurora
12-23-2003, 11:15 PM
Woot, woot, woot! I have always been a King Arthur fan and this looks like it might just be pretty decent. The VFX and acting seems fine lets just hope they don't destroy the story to much.

eirenicon
12-23-2003, 11:26 PM
Klaus Badelt is probably scoring it, but it was wierd hearing part of the Equilibrium soundtrack anyways. Looking pretty good, though, I'll admit.

Tychoides
12-24-2003, 12:31 AM
actually i think Hans zimmer's scoring it.

JasonOsipa
12-24-2003, 12:35 AM
Me: BIG Clive Owen fan; that guy just oooozes cool. Yes, I'm straight.

Anyways, he's got my vote for the next Bond. Guy's a rockstar. And that Arthur thingy seems cool too.

Windex
12-24-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by aurora
Woot, woot, woot! I have always been a King Arthur fan and this looks like it might just be pretty decent. The VFX and acting seems fine lets just hope they don't destroy the story to much.

lol, for some reason that made me laf. cuz it sounds like he's a professional athlete or something on tv.
anyways, it's good to see people's dream, fav stories, books come to the big screen.

i'm still waiting for mine. TINTIN...
there IS a story about the movie already in the worx but... i dont' believe anything untill i see the trailer (OFFICIAL)

later

also Jude Law would make the PERFECT TINTIN imho.

eirenicon
12-24-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Tychoides
actually i think Hans zimmer's scoring it.

IMDB lists Zimmer, so you're probably right. I expected Badelt after hearing his music in the trailer in addition to him having scored PotC with Bruckheimer.

Fasty
12-24-2003, 02:27 AM
The American voice-over completely ruined this for me. Wouldn't an English accent would have been much more appropriate? :hmm:

zappenduster
12-24-2003, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by timothyD
Klaus Badelt is probably scoring it, but it was wierd hearing part of the Equilibrium soundtrack anyways. Looking pretty good, though, I'll admit.

if u talk about the song in the first part of the trailer this was already in the planet for the apes remake trailer ill think there was a ending line like rule the planet or so

or do you mean the 2nd part ?

SuperMax
12-25-2003, 02:00 PM
This look Yummy!!!:bounce:

ChrisDNT
12-25-2003, 04:52 PM
After having looked at this trailer, I'm even more happy, if it's possible, that LOTR was not developed in Hollywood.

Galaad, Lancelot, Arthur against roman troops. Why not Godzilla against Zorro!

Cheers,

eirenicon
12-25-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by ChrisDNT
Galaad, Lancelot, Arthur against roman troops. Why not Godzilla against Zorro!

This movie is not about the legend. It's about the real story, if there is one. It's likely that Arthur fought the Romans (who at one point controlled Britain).

Boone
12-25-2003, 06:35 PM
Now being a resident in the UK - I'm pretty sure that the Legends of King Arthur didn't include him fighting the Romans...:surprised

I'm not being funny - but are they having an American cast for this film? It just wouldn't go down well at all here in ol'blighty...:rolleyes:

Boone
12-25-2003, 07:05 PM
I've just watched the trailer...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Its another f***ing Jerry Bruckhiemer film!:banghead:

eirenicon
12-25-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Boone
Now being a resident in the UK - I'm pretty sure that the Legends of King Arthur didn't include him fighting the Romans...:surprised

Originally posted by timothyD
This movie is not about the legend.

The trailer makes that pretty clear. The movie is about the real story behind the legend. If there was a real King Arthur, this is about him. Not about Mallory's Arthur. The real King Arthur could very well have fought against the Romans when they occupied Britain.

I'm not being funny - but are they having an American cast for this film? It just wouldn't go down well at all here in ol'blighty...:rolleyes:

Almost entirely a UK cast.

ACFred
12-25-2003, 11:41 PM
I'm looking forward to this one. I dig Clive Owen and he deserves a breakout role, although this may or may not be it.

It's funny that people are worried about Bruckheimer's crew screwing up the Arthurian legend. With fiction, it's tough to knock the director for his choice of foes since it is indeed FICTION.

Forget about the "true story" behind Arthur's legend, too. That's bunk. This is just fiction. From most of what I've read, there never was an "Arthur" and his knights of the round table. Rather, the legend of Arthur is an amalgam of stories about a number of powerful tribal leaders whose stories span centuries.

My favorite retelling of the Arthurian legend is the series of books by Stephen Lawhead. If you haven't read them, do. It's an interesting take on the whole legend and a much deeper look into the individual characters.

Again, looking forward to this one!

eirenicon
12-26-2003, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by ACFred
Forget about the "true story" behind Arthur's legend, too. That's bunk. This is just fiction. From most of what I've read, there never was an "Arthur" and his knights of the round table. Rather, the legend of Arthur is an amalgam of stories about a number of powerful tribal leaders whose stories span centuries.

It's not really the "true story" behind the legend, and I don't think it's trying to be. Rather, it takes the question - what if there WAS a real Arthur? and goes from there. The results will probably be big, flashy and lots of fun.

ACFred
12-26-2003, 01:56 AM
I agree. It should be a ton of fun! It's a cool premise and I'm looking forward to what Fuqua does with it.

talos72
12-26-2003, 10:49 AM
Proceed with caution, the name Jerry Bruckhiemer should have red flag all over it. Along with his name comes Hollywood cheese factor...cop shoot-em-up movies he may pull off, but historical flicks? Jerry stick with what you are good at.

hardimage
12-26-2003, 11:05 AM
they cut out legolas!? i guess he'll be in extended return of king arthur dvd...

Boone
12-26-2003, 01:27 PM
Re: TimothyD.

Thank god for that - I couldn't cope with another "Reign Of Fire" calamity!

Everyone in the audience burst out laughing when Mathew Mac' said...

"We came down in Man-ches-ter..."

and another scene is...

"Where are we?"

"Some place called...'Pembury', Sir!"

Now I'm not bashing Americans, here or anything - but this kind of material is gonna reduce British audiences to extreme fits of giggling!

And as for the "True Story" thing - this new film claims to be the true story in the trailer! Watch it again!:beer:

unclebob
12-26-2003, 03:05 PM
can't be the "true" story .. they are riding horses and NOT clapping coconuts together and some watery tart gives him a sword and that makes him king ?? tisk tisk tisk .. LOL

This does look really good, if it doesn't get to "Americanized". (I am an american .. 6th generation, the first of my ancestors came over in 1690). By "Americanized" I mean the story/dialog needs to be dumb-downed. When I rent non-action, non-scifi movies they are usually "foreign" films.

edit: my senior year high school English teacher (1976) said it best about the type books we liked to read. She called them "high interest and low vocabulary".

bob

I know I'm going to ruffle a few feathers with this one.

eirenicon
12-26-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by talos72
Proceed with caution, the name Jerry Bruckhiemer should have red flag all over it. Along with his name comes Hollywood cheese factor...cop shoot-em-up movies he may pull off, but historical flicks? Jerry stick with what you are good at.

I disagree. Ever heard of Pirates of the Caribbean?

Boone
12-26-2003, 08:29 PM

Yes, but POTC was only great because Johnny Depp was init. The rest of it was a load of old cobblers!:wise:

eirenicon
12-27-2003, 01:59 AM
Yes, but POTC was only great because Johnny Depp was init. The rest of it was a load of old cobblers!:wise:

Sort of. POTC was a really, really good movie because Depp was in it. Without him it still would have been a decent pirate flick (if a tad slow). I mean, zombie pirate monkeys, what more do you want. King Arthur has a different director, and we'll see what he can do. It has the same Kiera Knightley, though, and I enjoyed watching her almost as much as Depp.

Simtub
12-29-2003, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by Windex
lol, for some reason that made me laf. cuz it sounds like he's a professional athlete or something on tv.
anyways, it's good to see people's dream, fav stories, books come to the big screen.

i'm still waiting for mine. TINTIN...
there IS a story about the movie already in the worx but... i dont' believe anything untill i see the trailer (OFFICIAL)

later

also Jude Law would make the PERFECT TINTIN imho.

wow...hope tintin is really in the works...although jude law wud be too old fo the role dont u think?

Joss
12-29-2003, 03:21 PM
Damn, they should've used Anthony Hopkins for the voice over.

Boone
12-29-2003, 07:03 PM

I'll give you Kiera Knightly on that aspect of POTC - but only because I fancy the hell outta of her! The rest was crap!

So let it be writen in Stone...

"Pirates of the Carribean was a great film only because it featured Johnney Depp AND Kiera Knightly!"

...thats all I shall agree with you on! :beer:

rendermaniac
12-29-2003, 10:55 PM
The main visual effects house is Cinesite London, not MPC.

Simon

slaughters
12-30-2003, 06:17 AM
Re: Historical Author

I was allways under the impression that the Legend of King Arthor derived from dimly remembered tales of the Roman occupation of Brittan, so a film showing an "Arthor" type figure fighting Romans is not too far off of that, and sounds like it could be another interesting interpetation of the legend.

Re: Accents

Most Americans get quite a chuckle out of hearing fake American accents as well. Unless the actor has really studied the language it comes out sounding pretty funny. Strangely the best fake American accent I've heard was from Lucy Lawless playing Zena. I had no idea she was not American until I heard her speak in a TV interview.

Re: Pirates of the Black Perl

Good action flick. Dislike it if you want. That just means that your interpetation of what makes a good flick differs from the multi-million other people who saw it and liked it.

Some people may see that as a good thing.

CGmonkey
01-02-2004, 06:16 PM
slaughters - it's funny because the one playing Merlin is a swedish actor and his english / american accent SUCKS so much it's not even funny.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.