PDA

View Full Version : cyberpunk- Armoured Power Trooper

Dean Avanti
12-23-2003, 08:26 PM
Here is a model i came up with for the Altered State project , it was influenced by a cyberpunk piece i saw written below , i wanted to make a heavy suited armoured police trooper , i thought
that such a suit would be very heavy and slow moving so i added an apparatus that would increase mobility , here the foot joint now becomes the knee joint in the apparatus .
Let me know what you think about the model i am in need of some crits in design and modelling , i have a few models that i want to get to the best standard i can
and would love to get some feedback about how you feel about the posted models

model 4356 tris including guns
------------------------------------------------------
http://www.planetunreal.com/alteredstate/walker.jpg
-------------------------

APCA's come in a variety of shapes and sizes and are basically large armoured suits powered by linear frames. The APCA pictured is a standard medium military model. The pilot sits in the body cavity within a neural net that transmits his body's movements to the limbs of the APCA.
The Zeus opposite is the workhorse of the US military, armoured to TL 16 it can withstand anything up to and including 20mm rounds. One of its main advantages is that this model is highly resistant to EMP effects due to its shielding and design.

The suits capacitors can absorb a certain amount of energy, store it and then discharge it as an EMP blast (short range) or a coherent beam of energy (laser blast) emitted from its head projector. The Zeus can lift about 5 tons and is quite agile for its weight class. Suitable for a variety of combat theatres it can carry and use any number of hand held items (usually heavy weapons). Its chest cavity can be configured to hold several different types of weaponry although the primary configuration is smart mini missiles, warhead and seeking technology is based upon the likely targets.

APCA's have not yet replaced the tank on the battlefield although it is projected that by 2030 technology will have advanced sufficiently for this to happen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------
http://www.planetunreal.com/alteredstate

SammyB
12-23-2003, 11:49 PM
He looks very nice. However one thing I noticed is, that it looks like even a slight nudge from the front would make him over-balance and fall on his back. Don't chicken style feet usually have all the toes pointing outwards for stability? Very cool model though.

BlackGas
12-27-2003, 10:33 PM
Nice design although I have to agree with SammyB, the feet don't appear to be as manoeuvrable as the rest of the mech, they would probably hinder more then help.

stonehenge
12-28-2003, 07:04 AM
i agree also with sammyb--try something star wars AT-AT like. a round foot with flanges pointing out in four opposite directions. that you you could incorperate some kind of jumping boosters in his feet maybe.
just an idea. its your stuff.

stonehenge
owner, stonehengeFX

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.