PDA

View Full Version : PhotoShop/ImageReady & FrontPage

Signal2Noise
12-23-2003, 04:00 PM
Anyone know of good resources and tut's for using ImageReady with FrontPage? I've found one site (www.imouthere.com) that has one good example. I'm going through a google search now but haven't come across much else. I'm sure the PS Gurus & Web Designers here know of others.

P.S. Can't afford Dreamweaver yet, thus the usage of FrontPage. I just picked up 2003 which promises better coding and 3rd party app (i.e. Flash) compatibility. We shall see...;)

eevilmouse
01-04-2004, 07:25 AM
well as you have already purchased Frontpage ( which I wince at useing the name) the best way to import images is to save them in a singal directory called "images" in the same Master folder as the Website. IE you have a Folder called "website" and inside that folder you have your Html files (or folders containing them) and you have a Folder Called "Images" then save all your files from PS/IR into this folder as .gif, bmp, or jpg images. I would recomend .jpg for all static images. Front page should pick up this folder automatically when seraching for images, but it will link your files to what ever file structure you use, so be carefull where you put them. That being said, just about any Wysiwyg editor out there is better than frontpage due to the fact they are Cross compatable.

Signal2Noise
01-06-2004, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the tips eevilmouse.:thumbsup:

I'm still looking for more web links.

Btw, what do you mean by "cross compatible"? I know Frontpage relies heavily on proprietary extensions but at heart isn't it still just an HTML editor that can get along somewhat well with other apps? Especially the new version?

eevilmouse
01-06-2004, 10:53 PM
Honestly Havent tried the newest version yet. Microsoft may haven given up on the Idea to try and take over the world, but when I last used it, it was Internet explorer spacific.

As for isnt it "just HTML" then answer to that is in How complicated your website gets. Not sure when the internet war started, but was mainly between Netscape, and IE. they each create code to do the same things, and they are Subtlelly Different. What this means to us coders, is we have to be really carefull about how we code, or we have to code most of our "cool" stuff twice. Unfortunatly instead of getting better, things have gotten worse, as AOL bought Netscape, and then Ditched it... Not to go into a Rant, but of all the Wysiwyg's out there Front page makes no attempt to do anything that is not IE. this means that unless your page is all text, with a little Pictures it wont look the same on Netscape or IE. Now if all your concerned about is functionality them most of the time you will not lose that reguardless of how you code, but if you want it to Look good... I would recomend a Different editor, or Warn people if they are useing anything But IE, it may not look right.

as for a List of Wysiwygs My personal opinion is Dreamweaver, Second Choice is GoLive

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.