PDA

View Full Version : Disney to Develop Three Pigs Animated Feature

RobertoOrtiz
12-22-2003, 05:30 PM
Quote:
"Disney has hired Grant Calof and Greg Lee to adapt David Wiesner's award-winning illustrated children's book THE THREE PIGS into an animated feature combining CG and traditional techniques, VARIETY reports. Like SHREK, PIGS is a postmodern take on classic fairy tales (this one was made famous by Disney, of course, in a 1933 Silly Symphony short). The pigs fly off one by one to visit other storybooks, rescuing dragons and luring the cat and the fiddle out of their nursery rhyme, before confronting the big, bad wolf. Wiesner used watercolor, gouache, colored inks, pencil and colored pencil on Fabriano hot press paper to imaginatively illustrate his story.

Disney Animation director of development Karen Rupert and creative exec Birk Rawlings will supervise PIGS. "

>>Link<< (http://news.awn.com/index.php3?ltype=top&newsitem_no=9879)

-R

FClub_TDurden
12-22-2003, 06:52 PM
In true Disney fashion...they have no identity of there own....so they copy one...and in this case DreamWorks/PDI......

"Like SHREK".....:wip:

Ikarus
12-22-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by FClub_TDurden
In true Disney fashion...they have no identity of there own....so they copy one...and in this case DreamWorks/PDI......

"Like SHREK".....:wip:

Don't get me wrong I loved SHREK, but how are they copying it?

SheepFactory
12-22-2003, 11:32 PM
are they going to have the nazi wolf?

looks like disney is incapable of writing new material so they are going back and messing up their greatest classics one by one.

IE: Jungle book 2 , lion king 1.5 , cinderella 2.

:rolleyes:

FClub_TDurden
12-23-2003, 12:37 AM
Don't get me wrong I loved SHREK, but how are they copying it?
-------------------------------------------------------------

Well basically the subject matter according to the article...

"Like SHREK, .... a postmodern take on classic fairy tales"

they see it worked for them....and its easy to copy...they just have to make fun of themselves...

mushroomgod
12-23-2003, 12:44 AM
IE: Jungle book 2 , lion king 1.5 , cinderella 2.

dont forget any "Disney" version of Winnie the Poo :(

Fasty
12-23-2003, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by mushroomgod
dont forget any "Disney" version of Winnie the Poo :(

:eek: Are you kidding?? The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh is a classic!! :love:

erilaz
12-23-2003, 05:22 AM
I have to concur there. Regardless of the unique charm of the original book, the disney Winnie the Pooh series was wonderful. The movies were not so good, but the series did very well.

mushroomgod
12-23-2003, 09:58 AM
theres a whole world or crap that I hate about Disneys version of Winnie the Poo.....the merchandise, the disney look, the spin off films

Im just more a fan of the original books, and while I dont mind the new cartoons as cartoons themselfs I just cant stand what Disney have done to Winnie the Poo.

Atwooki
12-23-2003, 10:01 AM
Disney characters (post 80's):

Tex Avery and Chuck Jones morphed with candy-floss, then further morphed with cotton wool balls......
And for that added 'je ne sais quoi', a soft focus lens.

Atwooki

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.