PDA

View Full Version : Help with Blenders Please

Ruso
12-22-2003, 03:40 PM
I'm using Painter 8 and I was just wondering if somebody here can give me a little advice about which is the best tool for blending smoothly the color tones. I mean, after I have blocked all my color tones which is the best way to get a nice transition between them? Which blender do you recommend and with which values?
I have tried with several but always with very blured or very rough results. I also read in some tutorials that some of the best artists blend the colors at the same time that they are painting with the brush tool. Which is the best value to play for this, transparency or resaturation?

Lunatique
12-23-2003, 02:30 AM
Go to my website, click the goodies section, and you'll find some tips&tricks about this. I have custom brushes for download for your purpose as well.

Ruso
12-23-2003, 03:41 PM
Thank you so much, Robert. :)

BTW, just wanted to tell you how much I admire your work. I have been a big fan of your images. I also wanted to thank you for being so generous for sharing your know-how in so many great tutorials that always have been of great help for me. Artists like you are always an inspiration and watching your images are always the best motivation to continue learning and starting yet another image.

All the best,

Gil

Lunatique
12-24-2003, 02:48 AM
You must have cavities, with such sweetness coming out of your mouth. :blush:

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.