PDA

View Full Version : Underwater Video Question

RuiZ
12-22-2003, 01:34 PM
Hi I need some help because i was on vacation in the phillipenes and went diving ..i had my camera with me but I didnt had a red filter with me.. the problem is nou everything blue cuz of the sea and I didnt had good lighting for the color...is it possible with After Effects to put a red filter or somekind to see more colors then only blue???

Thnx in advance

opus13
12-22-2003, 09:16 PM
unfortunately when the light enters the lens, and then is processed by the electronics, the data is written as all 'blue'.

the information (light) would have to have more descripters before being written (a filter providing more color information to the camera). being able to re-colorize the original material is essentially the same as trying to bring the color back to a black and white photograph. its just not going to work.

well, maybe your could rotoscope every little fishy :)

RuiZ
12-22-2003, 10:28 PM
thnx so next time i bring a good filter for underwater capture but still..about bringen color to a black & white movie i still want to know how they do that with the black and white movie of Charlie Caplin cuz they gave it color as wel.

opus13
01-05-2004, 09:46 PM
ever work with an animated mask in aftereffects?

now do it for ever object in the film, every frame:surprised

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.