PDA

View Full Version : Disney's FROZEN | First Look Trailer

RobertoOrtiz
06-18-2013, 04:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WdC4DaYIeQ

hypercube
06-18-2013, 04:56 PM
I liked the inventiveness of the snowman character and the animation is fun, but it seems odd, it's like a lost promo for Ice Age, very Scrat-like.

From the other stills posted so far definitely not the main thrust of the movie, though getting lots of deja vu look and feel from Tangled.

Still, Tangled and Ralph were fantastic IMO so looking forward to seeing whatever it is they do with this.

noizFACTORY
06-18-2013, 05:12 PM
Wow! That was some great animation!

Dillster
06-18-2013, 11:25 PM
That loks very funny.

CGIPadawan
06-18-2013, 11:40 PM
Wait wasn't this going to be the one about some ice kingdom with Disney Princesses again?

So this short teaser is just to introduce the comic relief?

Kanga
06-19-2013, 06:09 AM
Damnation, that is some cool animation!

JoshBowman
06-19-2013, 06:25 AM
I liked the look of the reindeer but over all i thought the whole thing was pretty 'ho-hum, we're trying to be funny, look how funny we're trying to be! Oh look the reindeer behaves like a dog isn't that FUNNY?!'. I guess if you're a kid and never seen anything better you'd think a snowman sneezing and losing his nose was funny but it's all been done before and done better.

addeleijon
06-19-2013, 07:58 AM
I liked the look of the reindeer but over all i thought the whole thing was pretty 'ho-hum, we're trying to be funny, look how funny we're trying to be! Oh look the reindeer behaves like a dog isn't that FUNNY?!'. I guess if you're a kid and never seen anything better you'd think a snowman sneezing and losing his nose was funny but it's all been done before and done better.

please show me where someone has done a snowman loosing his nose better

thethule
06-19-2013, 09:23 AM
Wow, that reindeer looks and acts EXACTLY like the horse in Tangled (one of my favourite cartoons). It must be a modified model

This looks OK, other than the reindeer acting like a dog at the end...

thethule
06-19-2013, 09:24 AM
please show me where someone has done a snowman loosing his nose better

What you are asking makes no sense.

addeleijon
06-19-2013, 02:33 PM
What you are asking makes no sense.
I dont expect him to actually show me one. I was simply implying that there are not so many cg-scenarios in which a snowman looses his nose... That i know of :P

rhinton
06-19-2013, 03:33 PM
Mmmm...I agree with some people that it just looks like an Ice Age skit. Reindeer, dog, Maximus character?
Not sure what they are trying to show here. I'm guessing we'll see more trailers in the future.

I hate seeing trailers that give everything away, but this one didn't show me what the story was at all.

Cool animation work though.

Rickmeister
06-20-2013, 12:34 AM
I liked it. Simple yet funny. I do feel the snow man doesn't really fit in with the rest of the style of the movie though (going from some stills i've seen as well)... But thats hard to judge at this stage.

CGIPadawan
06-20-2013, 12:35 AM
Wow, that reindeer looks and acts EXACTLY like the horse in Tangled (one of my favourite cartoons). It must be a modified model

This looks OK, other than the reindeer acting like a dog at the end...

I think there could be an issue of asset re-use and modification going on around here. :p

Mic_Ma
06-20-2013, 04:38 AM
Whatever it has to do with Frozen, it's really really nicely animated. Disney, Pixar and Blue Sky are the only ones that produce such flawless animation.

CGTalk Moderation
06-20-2013, 04:38 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.