PDA

View Full Version : Low Poly Buggy

Manky
12-21-2003, 11:28 PM
Hi

This is one of my first attempt on making a low poly vechile and unwraping properly, it's 6683 tri polys (which doesn't sound really low) with a 1024 by 1024 defuse and spec map (not including the net on the rollcage), it's done using Max 5. This is for my group project for uni, the same project as samgrice, it's a fictional post apocalyptic racing game trailer called Citizen X.

Crits and Comments r welcome

Thanks
http://home.btconnect.com/creatingchoices/ManksBuggy_Front.jpg

SammyB
12-22-2003, 02:08 AM
Texture looks a bit too dark to me...

RmachucaA
12-22-2003, 03:11 AM
the texture also lacks definition for being 1024X1024.

Manky
12-22-2003, 07:36 AM
cheers for the crits, i'll try and work on the texture more, but texturing ain't my strongest point

samgrice
12-22-2003, 01:34 PM
hi man, welcome to the forums!

yeah the texture still lacks alot of detail, espescially on the tires, you might want to re-do the tires or find another photo to work from. overall though it looks very good and the colours match well, it just needs to be sharper thats all.

egozgame
12-28-2003, 12:24 PM
Ah he hee he! Chamone borther... nice buggy mah man! i might need one for my neverland ranch! hehe but apart for the lighting (think it should be lighter and more bump on thee treads)

But Good any way mah brother!

Chamone! Ricky

ElKrullo
12-29-2003, 11:47 AM
When you unwraped this model, did you make all the different parts relative to eachother in scale? I mean, large parts of the mesh should have a large part of the UV space. I'm just asking because some parts, like the headlights look pretty sharp, while the tires look very blured

Manky
12-29-2003, 09:52 PM
hi

yeah when i unwrapped it i had a major flaw, in that some of the larger parts was a bit small in the 1024 map, the actual body of the car is tiny on the map! This is my first map that i unwrapped with different objects on it. The first object that i unwrapped was the main body of the buggy and scaled that quite small, thinking i had loads 2 fit in, and i never scaled it back up. Coz of the Deadlines we got i don't think i will hav the time 2 go back and unwrap it all again, maybe something 2 go back 2 after uni. I'll put a pic of the map if anyone wants 2 see it, u will see that parts are 2 small on the map. Oh well, won't be making that mistake again... hopefully, i'll also include a brighter version of the buggy if anyone wants 2 see it, thanks 4 the crits!

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.