PDA

View Full Version : I hate seeing an empty category

Iain McFadzen
12-14-2001, 10:48 PM
Just thought I'd post something to get the section moving :) . It's a horse, cantering.

http://scotch.vi2.com/crap/canter.avi (104kb divx)

or

http://scotch.vi2.com/crap/canter.mov (520kb QT...eeewww)

Chewey
12-14-2001, 11:30 PM
Good job! What did you use for reference?
(and what ap?)

Iain McFadzen
12-14-2001, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Chewey
Good job! What did you use for reference?
(and what ap?)

Thanks Chewey.

For modeling (and rigging) reference I used some really old horsey books I stole from my mother (she worked with horses years ago and still had them lying around). They had loads of anatomical pics in them. Also, if you type "horse" into the google image search you get about a billion images spat back at you, so I used a load of those too. For animation reference I watched a shit-load of horseracing on TV (God bless Channel 4 :) ).

And it's Max.

Chewey
12-15-2001, 12:13 AM
Sounds like you have a "leg up" on the competition. I've heard a little about channel 4. I'll have to pay more attention the next time I get over to your island again.

Jeremy
12-15-2001, 01:21 PM
Sweet, nice modeling there as well. One fine looking horse :)

pascal_blanche
12-16-2001, 01:07 AM
nice work! as for rhe animation, there should be a litle more up and down, and wight too.. oh.. and right back leg pop a little nothing big ;)

nick
12-16-2001, 11:39 PM
Good animations, i agree with pascal on the animation lacking weight, and that is one of the hardest things to add to an animation! Great work and hella of a nice model, i checked your site too, u have some cool work :)

Iain McFadzen
12-17-2001, 11:16 AM
Thanks guys,

There are a few things wrong with the animation that I am aware of. The legs still have a bit of "pop" in them, the forward motion is way too constant, the weight is all wrong, the spine is too rigid and needs to flex a bit more, and the movement of the tail is shit. Most of those are due to a badly built rig (took me so long to figure out how to rig the legs that I neglected the spine, basically), and they are going to be pretty hard to fix. The rest of the problems are down to my own laziness though, and will be very easy to fix.

And I intend fixing all of them.

Sometime :)

toma
12-17-2001, 11:24 AM
Hi Iain,

What you show here lets me think that what you're going to show us is going to be outstanding. What i see in this horse animation lets me thin that if you were less lazy, you could do great things.

Just don't be lazy and SHOW US !!!

PenGuin
12-17-2001, 08:32 PM
Good timing but theres something missing. I know - he looks like he is floating just above the gorund - I think somoe vertical swing would add realizm to it.

thats my 2c :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.