PDA

View Full Version : 'The Village' Trailer - New film by M Night

Seven
12-20-2003, 04:13 PM
http://movie-list.com/trailers.php?id=village

Heres the trailer for M Nights new film. Coming July next year.

Not sure how to judge it really. Im a huge fan of his work but im not sure about this.

What do you think?

ClaudeBernier
12-20-2003, 08:51 PM
Didn't he make the same movie but with extra-terrestrials instead of beasts from the forbiden forest in his previous effort? :shrug:

Looks nice as always though!

SheepFactory
12-20-2003, 08:55 PM
yea! ,

I already know the ending to this one. the beasts from the forest are extremely allergic to trees!!! thats how the humans beat em in the end.

ooops i gave a big spoiler away :P

i'll go see it of course , m night movies are always good minus the lame endings.

ClaudeBernier
12-20-2003, 11:51 PM
Here's another spoiler: The hero is the farmer's son who left for the city after his mom died giving birth to him. He will be back in the Village to sort things out with his father when the beasts-from-the-forbiden-forest attacks. Of course they will kill the father, so when it's all over he will decide to stay in the village and take care of the farm, alongside his newfound love, the little girl he used to play with when he was young. Hallelujah!

Kricket
12-21-2003, 12:43 AM
I see tree people... :eek:

Trailer looks sweet, want to see this.

I remember reading an interview where Shyamalan said he was gonna avoid doing the twist endings in his movies, so that'll be cool. (the Signs end was a lil lame, but 6th sense and unbreakable rocked)

Gamoron
12-21-2003, 02:57 AM
Was there sound with that? I'm not getting any.

Kricket
12-21-2003, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by Gamoron
Was there sound with that? I'm not getting any. yeap.

Dennik
12-21-2003, 03:52 AM
If those beasts are immune to water, then maybe this will be a thrilling movie indeed.
:thumbsup:

ParableStudios
12-22-2003, 06:07 PM
I like :) Looks like another great movie to watch. I liked Signs. I wish it was longer though.

Signs 2 lol that'd be great.

Regards,
Alex Haxton
Parable Studios

Kricket
12-23-2003, 01:54 AM
They're back! And this time.. they've got UMBRELLAS! :eek:

eirenicon
12-23-2003, 02:25 AM
A fairly trustworthy friend of mine told me he read a leaked script in which the ending was a twist even more contrived and horrible than that of Signs. I won't divulge what it was but if it's true, then The Village may go down in history as one of the most ill-concieved pieces of tripe ever imagined.

I think M. Night is overrated anyways, maybe The Village will be so awful people will stop giving him money to make new films.

Levitateme
12-23-2003, 05:16 AM
wow great, thanks for the link. i look forward to anything he does. thanks.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.