PDA

View Full Version : character: tWeaKy - hawkpreyconcept ... O_o

Prs-Phil
12-19-2003, 02:51 PM
Yes, amazing isnt it, I dont just post stupid comments on theese forms all the time ... I DO actually model ;)

I finally got around to looking at Bobo_the_seals latest SDK and I got inspired. No, not to skin it but to model a hawkrey girlconcept. I wanted to see if Im up to his standard. I also learned one or two things about placing faces for animation on areas that I would of never thought of beeing neccesary :)

I know other artists have done her before but not me yet so ... :p

Ive had alot of work to do latley, esspecially because the wintersaison is starting, but if come around to modeling a bit on her every hour and then ;)

around 3000 faces atm, maybe Ill release her as an SDK but Id be happier if a cool artist would do a coop with me and skin her :)

Hawkpreys concept (thank god for an artist like that)
http://hawkprey.com/tweaky.jpg

UPDATE BELOW
C&C is VERY welcome

Poopinmymouth
12-19-2003, 03:15 PM
its headed in the right direction, but couple of things i noticed. The upper leg in the side profile is too slight, the concept makes it a bit more athletic, which makes sense with those huge boots. The breasts look really off. They are too saggy, and dont have that plumpness that women under 40 normally have. I think the arms look really good right now, the back is hard to make out in the concepts under the backpack, and i know you will cover it up, but for practice sake, I would bring out the back of the shoulder blades, right now her ribcage is non existent from the profile. from the front, it looks like you ahve the rib cage too wide below the arms. The breasts and lats are the widest points, with the torso narrowing in between them to form the armpit area. The head looks a little too wide right now also. Keep it up, looking good. I sure had fun when i modeled this, I know you will too

rikimountain
12-19-2003, 03:19 PM
wow.. oida... sehr cool... i brauch auch solche concepts ... hahaha... sehr cool.. bzgl. winter.. da is tauchsaison! eh klar dass du ka zeit hast!
aber: bei der hfte passt des concept... da solltest nur beim modell noch ein wenig rumtweaken.. da gehts zu grade runter

wow.. great work.. i would just compare the sketch and the model once again, cuz i think there is one little tweak to be done in the waist area
rock on!

Delarosa
12-19-2003, 03:39 PM
my one problem is her boots...

everyone uses those sheilded combat heels... have you ever tried to run around in heels? ...bad idea they may look cool, but they are totally impractical...

go look at feng zhu's boot concept sketch, and use one of those, they look all nice and comfy to be running around in.

JDinges
12-19-2003, 04:37 PM
Heh, she's also in her underwear. I don't think they were shooting for realism in the practical sense.

She's every guy's dream fantasy warrior chick.

Amazing concept drawing though.

Prs-Phil
12-21-2003, 12:48 AM
thx for the crits guys, esspcially poop, that was very helpfull and detailed. Ill take the things you posted into account. Thx :)

@riki

Danke Alter :), aber ich bin nicht gestresst wegen dem tauchen sondern wegen der Wintersaison bei uns im "Dorf".
Mit der Hfte hast du nicht ganz unrecht aber die wirkt nur so komisch weil ihre Titten viel zu weit auseinander gehen :) also werd ich die Titten bearbeiten ;)

@Delarosa

Its just a fantasy concept m8, dont look at realsime here :)
Darkax is right :)

Prs-Phil
01-08-2004, 12:59 PM
hell, its been a long time since Ive worked on this model. Had alot to do, its always the same in the winter :)

Well I want to get her done before I start with the Gameart Comp 5 assigment.

Here is the newest image of the model

http://pu-art.com/tweakywip2.jpg

ido
01-08-2004, 05:46 PM
wow, cool concept and very nice modeling :)

JonasNoell
01-08-2004, 07:39 PM
Nice stuff! The face could use some work though, it looks better in the reference. Otherwise I would say the body itself lacks some details, but hopefully this will be solved with a propper texture (if there will come any???)

DreiGrasheir
01-08-2004, 07:46 PM
nice model and a cool concept. As said before it's not very realistic witht the clothes (which hit me as soon as i saw the concept), but since its not supposed to be realistic thats all fine and good. Her boots look like a cross between Paul Steed's Callisto (just got his modeling book for christmas... awesome...) and Hellbender's warrior girl with that huge heel. dont think ive seen anything you've done yet, so cant wait to see progress on this.

P.S. does "da gehts zu grade runter" mean rock on? I'm going to have to remember that :D

Prs-Phil
01-08-2004, 08:04 PM
@cANt ... you will never learn will you ... :D
Maybe Ill put a skin on but Ill have to get the gameart 5 comp model done first

@DreiGrasheir

Thx m8

"da gehts zu grade runter" ... well it means something more like "this is basically streight down" :)

Rock on means "das rockt" or "einfach nur geil" :D, I hope cANt agrees ;)

Beaneh
01-08-2004, 09:03 PM
I agree with cANT on the face and the details, the boots are too detailed compared to the rest. but since this is still a WIP, I guess this will all change in the final model. Over all good work, but unlike the concept I think you should beef the boobs up a little bit, they.. are hanging too much and she doesn't exactly look old, give them a bit of a character too, hey! lol. oh, and about the face again, I think most faces in your models end up looking the same.. there isn't much difrance from what I can remember, try changing to something new. hope your not taking this too hard, blame the beer!

and do you have any idea what "geil" means in dutch? I don't know about the german meaning but ehhh...

Prs-Phil
01-09-2004, 10:54 AM
k thx, Ive tryed to make her boobs not hanging like they are now but it actually looks really weird.

Well if 2 ppl say the face needs more detail, I think I will add more detail but then I have to do that with the rest of the body to, but what the heck, then I just have a model for my portfolio with a higher polycount.

Yeah the faces do look the same because I go making faces with my own system but I guess I could come up with something new and still keep my style.

let me think what geil means ... I think it means "loek" or something like that. Ill ask one of my dutch m8s later at work :)
until then ... DUI :)

Prs-Phil
02-18-2004, 04:11 PM
I dont know why but Im suddenly in a creative blockage. I dont really like my timedeamon anymore.

I guess that has to do with my new job as paramedic :)

Well, I decided I cant go on without modeling anything so I looked through some "old" files and found her, wich I (like loads of other models) havent completed yet.

So I started to do the rest of her and this is what she looks like atm

http://pu-art.com/tweaky.jpg

BryanSilva
02-18-2004, 04:28 PM
Nice to see your working on her again. Can you give us a rendering with a field of view that is lower. Or maybe just a eye level shot, because it appears that here torso is a bit long, but I cant tell with the current view.

BlackZ
02-18-2004, 05:57 PM
intresting concept, cool shoes :D

Razorwolf
02-18-2004, 06:55 PM
Looks pretty pro to me
get us a wire :)

rob-beddall
02-19-2004, 08:47 AM
hey!!
model looks pretty cool so far.
where did you get that pic from?
i have one almost exactly the same.
i dunno who did it but i got my pic from a guy from "codemasters".
they bought in a cd to show us what "good" concept art should look like.
perhaps the guy who did it would like to know that. it's definately one of his drawings.
i started modelling mine a couple of days ago but had to start another project yesterday. maybe i will post a wip soon.
cheers!!

Prs-Phil
02-19-2004, 10:29 AM
thx m8

I got it (like I wrote at the beginning of the thread :D) from hawkprey.

http://www.hawkprey.com

Prs-Phil
02-19-2004, 12:47 PM
ok she is finally finished

Ive spoken to "adam atomic" we will be doing a coop on that model. He will be skinning her.

http://pu-art.com/tweakyfinal.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.