PDA

View Full Version : Simply Strata Interview with John Byrne

tjnyc
12-19-2003, 01:55 PM
For the many comic book fans out there, here is an interview with the Legendary comic book Artist John Byrne and his work with 3D in Strata Pro.

http://www.simplystrata.com/JohnByrne.html

Cheers,

RobertoOrtiz
12-19-2003, 02:52 PM
I am amazed that none of the big 5 3d software companies
have not sent free copies of the main apps to him and Mazamune Shirow. (Hint hint)

Byrne has been doing CG since the 80's and he is a leyend in the field (his X-men with Chris Claremont, and his Superman revamp are now classic).

Anyway, we should invite him to talk at the forum.
-R

tjnyc
12-19-2003, 03:18 PM
I know Shirow uses or have used Lightwave since version 6, and he uses quite a bit of 3D in his more recent illustrations. Surprisely, Newtek AFAIK has never done a expose on him for their customer stories, but then again he is very hard to get a hold of.

halo
12-19-2003, 04:03 PM
is strata still going???...i think my copy of v1 is still knocking around somewhere...

allenatl
12-19-2003, 04:12 PM
Surprised to see John Byrne's name pop up here. I didn't even know that he was into 3d. His version of the X-men was the measuring stick for superhero comics for a long time afterwards. It's kind of interesting that the last X-men movie introduced a not so subtle reference to Claremont/Byrne's Dark Phoenix character. But noticeably absent from the article was any info on what Byrne is presently doing. Is he still actively involved in comics?

BNicolucci
12-19-2003, 05:11 PM
Unfortunately he is more known now for being a bitter man who hasn't done anything of note for many years. It's a shame. Hopefully he ditches the ego and gets back to doing what he does best, some beautiful art.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.