PDA

View Full Version : Is anybody using python for scripting?

neuromancer
12-19-2003, 09:41 AM
Hi,

i started to learn scripting in xsi and i choosed python. I heard that a lot of people is using vbscript or javascript. I would just like to know if there is someone using python cause i love it and i really enjoy using it. I'd like to hear other people's feedback.

thanx,
D

ggg
12-19-2003, 02:43 PM
Guy Rabillier is the authority on this and the only XSI user I am aware of outside of Softimage pubicly discussing their use of it.
I dabbled with it a bit but it was to cryptic for my tastes at first but oddly easier to transfer to from vbs than to vbs to jscript.
He doesn't frequent the list/forums much as a bust TD but perhaps ask on the XSI list.

I too would like to see even just a simple example of using python in XSI just as a jump start. Perhaps Guy can offer some advice or leads.

PS its jscript not javascript but this is good as more inter windows stuff is possible (unless you're linux)

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.