PDA

View Full Version : flat eyes

plasticmanoid
12-19-2003, 03:04 AM
Hi,

i have a character with long rectangle eye sockets vertically... now i want to create eyeballs for it covering the whole socket and being able to rotate with the texture while keeping the shape of a rectangle eyeball, just like the shape of the socket :shrug:

i've tried using lattice but it's almost impossible to get a right shape that rotates while covering the socket fully.. how else would i be able to do this? :shrug:

thx

plasticmanoid
12-20-2003, 03:14 PM
come on people. i need some ideas from you guys :shrug:

nottoshabi
12-21-2003, 03:22 AM
Can you show us some pictures. Or maybe an example of what you are trying to do?

Iotrez
01-25-2004, 02:58 AM
I have a similar problem to this.

You say you have tried lattices. Did you try to initially model the character with a spherical eye socket and spherical eyeball inside it. And then add a lattice to both the eyeball and eye socket geometry using it to change the shape to a rectangle.

Maybe make sure that the lattice has plenty of segments and that it easily encompases the eyeball and socket with some room to spare, so that as the eyeball rotates there is no danger of any part of it being outside the lattice.

Lomax
01-27-2004, 04:44 AM
One way might be to use planar maps. Instead of rotating the eyes, you would move or rotate the projectors.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.