PDA

View Full Version : A Spanish Myth Challenges the Animated Features from U.S.A.

kilikili
12-18-2003, 09:58 PM
What they said:

"David Sequera investigates the Spanish animated El Cid to find out if the seven million euro feature rivals films made in the U.S."

More >>> (http://mag.awn.com/index.php?ltype=pageone&article_no=1950)

-Kilikili

PhilOsirus
12-18-2003, 11:08 PM
It looks 100% identical to Disney animation (not suprising because it has been like that for a while). Even the facial expression of the girl on the second page is the same as all the other Disney 20-something girls that make that shy-smiling-dorky expression;)

hsky
12-19-2003, 12:28 AM
wow~~~:bounce:

BNicolucci
12-19-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Phil "Osirus"
It looks 100% identical to Disney animation (not suprising because it has been like that for a while). Even the facial expression of the girl on the second page is the same as all the other Disney 20-something girls that make that shy-smiling-dorky expression;)

I'm sorry, but I only see pictures, not any actual animation. Where is the link to the animation from El Cid that looks 100% identical to Disney animation that you spoke of?

SheepFactory
12-19-2003, 01:04 AM
i saw the trailer for this , it looks very nice! Hope we get to see it in states.

here is the link to the site with the trailer:

http://movies.filmax.com/elcid/

LucentDreams
12-19-2003, 06:56 AM
dunno what phil is talking about, sounds like people who say all Rap sounds the same, or all classical music sounds the same, or all cowboy movies are the same etc,etc,etc, an area they don't know much about or care about so they immediately dismiss it.

Seen the trailer many times, I'm really excited about filmations work, moreso on their next film Nocturna, which looks brilliant.

The style, I dunno, Disney? NO, visually it moves and looks more like Quest for camelot then anything out of disney The girl, well yes she has a drawn female expression, like Disney girls, well she doesn't have the same style as "most" disney female characters so not sure what your talking about there at all. Have to say though, El Cid, while I hope its doing well (its gotten a lot of attention) isn't overly exciting looking or impressive feeling for a film from everything I 've read and seen on it, their next two projects are more interesting to me, Nocturna definitely has its own feel and style and the music for its trailer is a perfect addition. Nice to see a new studio putting stuff out now that Disney and Dreamworks are done with 2D for now. The one I"m really routing for is The Triplettes of Belleville. Interesting thing to note, for 2D films likely to be nominated, out of the seven I know of even elligible, I think 5 are done with US animation, Theres definitely a Maya type app for the 2d industry now eh ;)

red_oddity
12-19-2003, 11:43 AM
I doubt this is anything Disney dares...

Just look how 'stylised' it is...minimalistic backgrounds where you can really see the crude brush strokes...if this is how the final product looks (and if it will ever air in this backwashed country called Holland) i will definatly go and see it...

I love it...

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.