PDA

View Full Version : "Son of the MASK" Movie Site & Trailer!

RobertoOrtiz
12-18-2003, 03:22 PM
Click here to see the next geneation of the "Dancing baby"!

>>link<< (http://www.themaskisback.com/)

-R

bentllama
12-18-2003, 04:10 PM
That trailer was not very well received yesterday before a screening of LOTR:ROTK by a majority of the very large audience.

Dennik
12-18-2003, 04:22 PM
Yep, judging from the audience's reaction, i think they found it rather creepy.

Array
12-18-2003, 04:31 PM
I didnt think it looked all that great.....who brings a franchise back after 10 years anyhow? The only movie that has worked for is T2.

heavyness
yet another Jim Carrey sequel that he is not in. trailer didn't really so much, but that baby freaks me out....

SheepFactory
everyone booed this trailer at my theatre also.

samartin
12-18-2003, 06:12 PM
it stinks big time, hollywood with finger on the pulse as always, let's knock out another sequel :YAWN:

SheepFactory
12-18-2003, 06:48 PM
does anyone know who is doing the vfx for this?

Stimpy
12-18-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Sheep Factory
does anyone know who is doing the vfx for this?

tippett apparently O_o

http://www.cinefex.com/upcoming/films/mask2.html

bluemagicuk
12-18-2003, 07:22 PM
Cant say I was impressed by the trailer but I bet it will be be
good :)

jmdajr
12-18-2003, 07:34 PM
yup, no one liked that trailer when I saw LOTR either.

not good news when the trailer flops!

Dirtystimpy
12-18-2003, 10:12 PM
yeah, i agree w/ all of you. my reaction was>>>> why?

Spankspeople
12-19-2003, 12:26 AM
KILL

Fasty
12-19-2003, 12:33 AM
That is the freakiest looking animated baby I have ever seen.

Let's ignore it and it might go away...

Layer01
12-19-2003, 01:04 AM
ok let me get this straight....theres no Jim Carrey, the baby seems to have mask powers..withOUT the mask....the main characters a BABY!.........what the hell were they thinking! were they thinking?

arg yet another movie with hyperactive babies in it *sigh* when will they ever learn....

SheepFactory
12-19-2003, 01:38 AM
not to mention the baby has the looks to make satan hide the closet and weep in terror!

I foresee a opening weekend gross that'll rival gigli

stakk4
12-19-2003, 01:38 AM
Yeah......uuhhhhh.....just finished watching the trailer.......uuuummm.....would anyone else care for a nice, cool, refreshing glass of HEMLOCK?!

AAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

malducin
12-19-2003, 02:54 AM
ok let me get this straight....theres no Jim Carrey, the baby seems to have mask powers..withOUT the mask....the main characters a BABY!

The main character is Jamie Kennedy and the baby. Kennedy's character, a classicla animator/comic artist, finds the mask. He puts it on and makes love to his girl this way and that's how the (eventual) baby gets the powers. On the other hand Loki (Alan Cummings) is sent to Earth to retrieve the mask.

tippett apparently

ILM is the main provider of the VFX. Tom Bertino did tests for the sequel early this year.

Layer01
12-19-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by malducin
The main character is Jamie Kennedy and the baby. Kennedy's character, a classicla animator/comic artist, finds the mask. He puts it on and makes love to his girl this way and that's how the (eventual) baby gets the powers. On the other hand Loki (Alan Cummings) is sent to Earth to retrieve the mask.

ILM is the main provider of the VFX. Tom Bertino did tests for the sequel early this year.

you got all that from a baby jumping out of a chair :p :p

he hehe just kidding. but its still crap that a baby (cg or not) plays that sort of role...i dunno its just so cutesy "mum: oh look the baby flew how cute....other people: oh look the baby flew, how annoying"

Per-Anders
12-19-2003, 08:30 AM
others still : OH MY GOD IT"S A FLYING BABY!!! It's coming right at me!!! *BLAM*

red_oddity
12-19-2003, 12:26 PM
Everytime i see movies like this i keep remembering the opening scene of the Majestic...i wonder if they actually really do make up the stories for movies like that...

P_T
12-19-2003, 01:40 PM
god i hate dancin babies... specially in that ally macbeal show... uggh :surprised

jwmoebius
12-19-2003, 07:45 PM
... finds the mask. He puts it on and makes love to his girl this way ... that's got to be one weird girl ... :curious: don't care though, didn't like the first one and the trailer doesn't look like it could change my opinion.

malducin
12-19-2003, 09:25 PM
you got all that from a baby jumping out of a chair

LOL, no. those details have been known for months now. Actually I doubt that shot will end up in the movie. Looks too much like it was specifically for the trailer which is not that uncommon. It moght nactually be part of the tests comissioned.

that's got to be one weird girl

Traylor Howard plays her, from 2 Guys, A Girl and a Pizza Place.

theres no Jim Carrey,

Who cares about that there is no Cameron Diaz!!! ;-)

To me the most telling part is that it's being directed by Larry Gutterman, who did Cats and Dogs, which I found disappointing (though the cats scenes were pretty funny).

Layer01
12-20-2003, 12:04 AM
well first off in Cats and Dogs, the cats should have won. there i said it :D

also whats wrong with Cameron Diaz? and am i the only person here who acctually like the first movie? i mean i hear everyone bagging it but why? what was abad about it. it was funny, it had an interesting idea..some very cool sfx for the time and had a beginning a middle and an END (something most movies these days lack...sigh)

Renzsu
12-20-2003, 12:10 AM
yeah, really liked the first movie, and I can see no reason for a sequel... Carey and Diaz made that movie great, not the CG (although that made it possible).. they have to realise that..

malducin
12-20-2003, 12:11 AM
There is nothing wrong with Cameron Diaz. You misunderstood me. I didn't mind Carey not being involved, but if Diaz had signed back I would be there automatically. I became infatuated after seeing her in the first one.

And I also second that the movie was good. Actually I love it it's hilarious. Probably best Carey comedy besides the first Ace Ventura.

Layer01
12-21-2003, 12:31 AM
There is nothing wrong with Cameron Diaz. You misunderstood me. I didn't mind Carey not being involved, but if Diaz had signed back I would be there automatically. I became infatuated after seeing her in the first one.

And I also second that the movie was good. Actually I love it it's hilarious. Probably best Carey comedy besides the first Ace Ventura.

oooooo my bad :blush:
i get you now...he hehe well its good to see that were on the same wave length :thumbsup:
:D

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.