PDA

View Full Version : using MEL to set Keyable

Ch3
12-18-2003, 09:55 AM
Anyone know any way to set specific channels keyable or not using MEL? I can't undersant the kind of commands which are been executed when I change something from Channel Control.

thanx in advanced

dwalden74
12-18-2003, 12:16 PM
setAttr -k false pSphere1.tx;

Ch3
12-18-2003, 02:15 PM
perfect it works.
thank you

any ideas why some stuff are not shown in script editor, even with `echo all commands` selected?

ajk48n
12-18-2003, 03:19 PM
The commands may be called by another procedure. In which case, that procedure is shown. If this is the case, then you usually have to go to the scripts directory of your installation, and hunt down which file that procedure is in.

If anyone knows if the procedures are documented anywhere saying what file they're in, that be great, however I don't think they are.

dwalden74
12-18-2003, 04:45 PM
If anyone knows if the procedures are documented anywhere saying what file they're in, that be great, however I don't think they are.

The `whatIs` command will do that for yaŽ.

Example:

whatIs buildRecentProjectsMenu;

// Result: Mel procedure found in: D:/AliasWavefront/Maya5.0/scripts/startup/FileMenu.mel //

:beer:

ajk48n
12-19-2003, 08:12 AM
Ahh, beautiful. Thanks, that's gonna save a lot of time.

macaroniKazoo
12-19-2003, 01:30 PM
i got this tip off someone (i don't remember who), but its really cool. in your userSetup.mel file, create an alias for the whatIs command:

alias w whatIs;

that way you just have to type:

w move;

to find out what a command is. its kinda neat. also, another alias thats GREAT, is this one:

alias h help -doc;

h move; brings up the docs for the move command... makes life that little bit sweeter. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.