PDA

View Full Version : MEL Script Protection - Is this possible ?

safakoner
12-18-2003, 09:35 AM
Hi

I can protect maxscript if I want. I can save ".ms." file as a ".mse". This file ".mse" only reading cannot editing or opening.

Is this possible in Mel scripting ? Do you know similar thing ?

Thanks

Jhavna
12-18-2003, 10:26 AM
AFAIK, MEL scripts remain in pure text. I guess you can protect them from editing by setting it to a read only file. Of course, I may be wrong, and there is a way to do waht you want...

Personally I prefer to have the script at least readable, so I know what it will do before I run it.

If you want to hide all the code, you'll have to compile plugins.

playmesumch00ns
12-22-2003, 03:19 PM
definitely! Why would you want to hide the workings of your scripts?

galactor
12-22-2003, 03:57 PM
That's the beauty of MEL, it is accesable for everyone, and it realy helps the comminity.

But yes, if you wan't to sell your scripts, you should write a plugin.

:: Galactor ::

safakoner
12-22-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by galactor
That's the beauty of MEL, it is accesable for everyone, and it realy helps the comminity.
:: Galactor ::

Yes. I agrre.

I will public my character animation custom window like other artists. But it is not completed yet.

However I want to protect my some mel scripts because I write character anim. tools for a company. If they see my codes and edit it, my job will fly away. :scream: I don't want that.

They haven't td or something like that job. I support this company about mel. They pay some money for my codes.

Originally posted by galactor

But yes, if you wan't to sell your scripts, you should write a plugin.

:: Galactor :: [/B]

My mel knowledge better than my c++ knowledge. For this cause I like to use Mel.

Thanks

safakoner
12-22-2003, 04:36 PM
Image Plane Creator

Thanks

olivier georges
12-22-2003, 10:24 PM
hi, try this plug-in, you'll can crypt your mel script :

http://www.highend3d.com/files/dl.3d?group=mayaplugins&file_loc=xrypt-v0.2-.zip&file_id=2152

olivier.

safakoner
12-23-2003, 08:31 AM

I am downloding now. I will try it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.