this is my first lo poly mod
its vamperella.
she's at 2015 tri's
crits pleas.

http://www.clevelandnet.com/~iveman/3d5.html

Akildee
12-18-2003, 05:47 PM
A few things:

you may want to check your poly count. an engine like quake measures polys as triangles, and even though you said it was only about 2015 polys, it looks like 2015 faces and 4030 polys. Your model could be heavily optimzed in the back area and legs espeicially. You could model hir in 2200 triangles easily. The proportions are coming along but her calves are very short and overall she's kind of squatty. I remember vampirella being a little taller. But it's a good start for sure. I know how dificult the female form can be to model.

akil

erik2003
12-18-2003, 06:09 PM
The body is really nice, but the head is not really that great yet... The head is too big and too wide, and the enormous polycount there is really not needed since the head has not so much detail. The ears seem to be there but they don;t stick out enough...

The body is really nice though.

The arms seem shortish (may be the pose) and the hands are flattish. But the body is really nice

iveman
12-18-2003, 07:39 PM
Yeah my mom and sister have been saying the same
thing, "the heads to big and the leg's are to short
and her breast aren't big enough" So I guess
Ill have to make these changes. Or maybe
get stahlberg to model it for me. I would like to have a real girl model in the nude
for me, but I fear I wouldn't get much done.

The poly count is correct though I know this because
I convert her to an editable mesh then add a turn to poly
modifier and limit the poly's to three sides, then
I go to poly counter and that's the number I get.

She is an editable poly when I count her poly's
with out converting to tries she is just over

Thanks guys ill make these changes and post the updated
pics later on tonight

Poopinmymouth
12-18-2003, 07:48 PM
not trying to be negative, but there is no way that this model is only 2200 triangles. I have modeled quite a few characters in that poly range, and you cannot have a mesh that dense and have it be 2200. Not sure why your pogram is telling you it is tho.

JDinges
12-18-2003, 08:50 PM
Totaly agree with Mr poopinmyear.

something's funky

rob-beddall
12-18-2003, 08:55 PM
hey!!

it must be king of weird having your mum tell you that your girls tits need to be bigger!!:smiley:

nothing new to add on the crit front.

cheers!!

erik2003
12-18-2003, 09:15 PM
nothing's wrong with the breasts, they are realistic.

Same with most of the body. Refreshing to see not an exaggerated female model like too many others.

I also agree on the polycount - missed that before. This is more like 2200 polies (the non-smoothed version) than 2200 tris. But i now read your post: hmm. Don't know what's going on. Is she merged?

Keep it up! E.

RmachucaA
12-18-2003, 11:50 PM
actually she looks like my exwife... identical.
on second thought, her shoulders where much narrower and her legs longer.
good job

iveman
12-19-2003, 06:39 AM
Ok guys im sorry but I was not taking into
account her head when I was doing the poly count.
here is a new screen shot.

http://www.clevelandnet.com/~iveman/girl.html

I also made her a little longer and scaled
the head abit.

Man modeling is no fun!
I wish I could just sulped in clay
and cat scan or somthing.

iveman
12-19-2003, 07:21 AM
Well moms a very good artist.
And very analytical, also knows about vamperella
from back in the day. And the comics I used as reference
belong to my sister.

I showed her this forum
and she will probably join to offer her own critiques
so be warned!! heh heh

SyDemon
12-20-2003, 03:44 AM
Sounds like a very supportive mum and sis! The breasts are realistic, as mentioned. The way they're pressed down by the tight attire looks pretty accurate to me. Other than that, I agree that the head's too large, but it's a very nice model yes!

Akildee
12-22-2003, 10:30 PM
you gotta lengthen those legs man! They are wayyy too short for her upper body. Try this:

grab all of the leg vertices and scale them to just under double the length that you have now. Then make your adjustments from that point. Because right now she's like half normal half midget or something! Everything else is looking nice, you just have to iron out those proportions!

akil

FatAssasin
12-23-2003, 01:24 AM
Try scanning in drawings from the comic, or search the web for pics, and then use that as a template to model over in Max. The legs are too short, and she could probably be curvyer.

Here's a couple pics I found...
http://www.alexhorley.com/Images/vampirella.jpg

http://www.vampirella.com/features/2001.FANCLUB/GiantSizedashcan.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.